Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-25-2008, 11:11 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Pentax HotShoe Adapter F and General Off Camera Flash Questions

I just bought a CB-Mini-RC and the Pentax F5P cable and the part that connects to the camera

My question is

Does Pentax HotShoe Adapter F have a screw hole so i can mount it to the cb mini rc or do I have to buy something else for it?

06-25-2008, 08:36 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ok so it seems like it doesn't have the screw hole -_-

Does anyone know where I can just buy a plain flash shoe that I have screw into my bracket?
06-25-2008, 08:46 PM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The screw on the CB-Mini-RC is the same thread as a tripod? If so there are 2 versions of the Hotshoe adapter F. One has the hotshoe contacts that pass through the unit and meant to be mounted directly on the camera's shoe. The other has no contacts on the bottom but has a tripod thread screw mount hole. You can mount the HS Adapter F directly on a tripod.
06-25-2008, 09:52 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hey Peter,

Thanks for the info.. Do you have links to both so I can make sure to buy the right one this time

Yes the bracket has the same as a tripod

06-26-2008, 03:40 AM   #5
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Even though I have one of these I wasn't sure what the exact name was. It's called "Off Camera Shoe Adapter F". I have no clue why it's more than the other version. It's no longer listed on the Pentax site.

Here it is: 31046 Pentax Dedicated TTL Off Camera Shoe Adapter F.