Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2015, 12:00 PM   #1

Yongnuo and Ray Flash ANYONE!?

Hey everyone,

I'm determined to get a Ray Flash for my Yongnuo 560iii as you can pick one up on ebay for next to nothing second hand.
Problem is, is that I have no idea which model would fit it. Can't find any info online regarding people working with Ray flashes and yongnuo 560iiis or if they do there's no info on which model they've used.

Does anyone have a ray flash that they use with their yongnuo 560s (any of the 560-560iii) that can tell me straight off the bat which model I need.
The model I have is a Ray flash RAN160 which is obviously incompatible.

P.s I know there's the O-flash but I don't think the lighting is particularly even on it - but i'm open to suggestions if anyone has any good images to show from them

12-15-2015, 02:10 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Can't you just match the external dimensions (outer diameter, inner diameter etc) of the Yongnuo with the dimensions of the RayFlash model you need, or find which supported Nikon or Canon flash best matches the dimensions of your Yongnuo?

Or just use duct tape.
12-15-2015, 04:57 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I understand that the dimensions of the Yongnuo flashes match the Canon 580EX.

That said, I haven't checked that myself.
12-16-2015, 10:00 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by moomin Quote

P.s I know there's the O-flash but I don't think the lighting is particularly even on it - but i'm open to suggestions if anyone has any good images to show from them
I have an O-flash and the light is distributed well. Both the Ray and the O- have designed a dropout section at the top, but that is necessary to attenuate the most intense light emanating from the flash source. I have been hard pressed to identify any uneven illumination when shooting a wall, for example, as the light from the ring diffuses radially and does not paint a ring on the subject, more of a broad circle.

Kinda off your original topic - i thought the numbers are the measurement(mm) from center of flash head to center of lens, no? That is, you would simply measure and know exactly which model to order.

More on this - these add on attachments add stress to the hotshoe mount of the flash and a tilt to the side can snap the mount right off the flash, so keep it vertical. For this reason, I now prefer to use a flash cable to attach my AF540 and mount it separate from the camera if possible, sometimes will handhold it.