Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2015, 05:28 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Portraits with P-TTL Ratio Control

There's been a fair bit of discussion here recently on the relative merits of Pentax P-TTL automatic flash and manual mode or other radio triggered manual mode flash systems, especially as that relates to working with multiple off-camera flashes. Apart from the obvious differences in triggering technologies, there are workflow and control aspects that determine how we operate each system type. These issues can be about both personal preference and the suitability of each system type to each particular photographic situation.

Its no secret that I enjoy working with my two Pentax AF-540FGZ flashes off-camera in P-TTL mode, and I use automatic flash exposure mostly for this off-camera role, more so than manual mode. Just to show a little of the simple situation and setup I have been using this for, I have put together a thread over at PentaxUser (the UK based forum) with some example shots, both the results and the equipment. If you are interested in Pentax P-TTL wireless flash please take a look and I would be happy to hear any feedback and comments .....

https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/portraits-with-p-ttl-wireless-ratios-55253

12-16-2015, 06:22 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great stuff. I wish I could get a feel for flash but I use it so infrequently. Very nicely lit subjects.
12-16-2015, 07:03 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Excellent stuff, thanks for sharing.
12-16-2015, 07:23 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for sharing, very good article and nice examples, you did a great job!

12-16-2015, 11:45 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you all very much I'm glad you saw it, and I hope it was informative .... its always nice to see pics of Pentax flash equipment.