Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2016, 06:50 AM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mcgregni Quote
But could the forthcoming V6 upgrade consign optical HSS triggering with Cactus to history?
The forthcoming V6 Mk II will be new hardware, though.

It will be compatible with the V6, but achieving HSS with Pentax without workarounds will not be a new feature of a firmware upgrade to the V6. At least that's what Cactus have been saying on their community forum.

Hence the old HSS tricks will continue to be of value to V6 owners who do not want to add a V6 Mk II to their stable.

04-18-2016, 06:57 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
The forthcoming V6 Mk II will be new hardware, though.

It will be compatible with the V6, but achieving HSS with Pentax without workarounds will not be a new feature of a firmware upgrade to the V6. At least that's what Cactus have been saying on their community forum.

Hence the old HSS tricks will continue to be of value to V6 owners who do not want to add a V6 Mk II to their stable.
Super interested in V6II, do you have a link to these threads?
04-19-2016, 08:27 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote
Super interested in V6II, do you have a link to these threads?
Sorry, I did not bookmark the pages and find them hard to retrieve right now.

I found this hint by a Cactus employee, but there were much more specific posts. Can't find them right now, though. EDIT: I found one more where the backward-compatibility to the V6 is confirmed.

If you are interested, however, just post at their community forum and you should receive an answer.

P.S.: There is a video of someone showing the V6 Mk II at a fair. The new blue display looks cool.

Last edited by Class A; 04-20-2016 at 07:13 AM.
04-21-2016, 04:54 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Just as well, that orange colour on the old one is driving me nuts

A quick assumption here, or question .... Would I be right to assume that to radio trigger a flash set to HSS mode with 2 V6s, that only the on -camera V6 would need to be the new MKII ..... That the receiver V6 could be a Mk I model? Just an assumption about technologies but I'm not sure.

04-21-2016, 09:15 AM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mcgregni Quote
Would I be right to assume that to radio trigger a flash set to HSS mode with 2 V6s, that only the on -camera V6 would need to be the new MKII ..... That the receiver V6 could be a Mk I model?
That would make sense and could be the case.

I hope we'll know more soon.

Last edited by Class A; 04-21-2016 at 06:28 PM.
04-21-2016, 10:41 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks, lets hope so as it will allow us to gain that functioning with only one new V6 purchase.