Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2016, 07:33 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
My remote flash transmitter and receivers came today and I must say, I was quite pleased with the whole set-up. Very well packaged, well-made, attractively designed and it works as advertised! And, all for less than $25.00! I consider that a good deal!

I took it outside and gave it a test ride using a couple of Pentax AF200S flash units and it works like a charm. Now, I have a couple of questions, if I may.

What would you suggest as an "ASA" setting on the flash unit?

I have a couple of Vivitar ZoomThryristor 3500 flash units. Would they be safe to use? Am I in danger of "frying" something using them? Other than having the swivel/tilt head, do they offer anything different than the Pentax units? Perhaps more light?

02-11-2016, 09:31 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Oldbayrunner Quote
Both Acon and Aokatec are Pttl/hss pttl compatible wireless radios.
Do you have experience with them? I'm interested! Thanks
02-11-2016, 09:34 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
I have a couple of Vivitar ZoomThryristor 3500 flash units. Would they be safe to use? Am I in danger of "frying" something using them?
Should be safe, though to be sure you should check the voltage with a digital multimeter.

Photo Strobe Trigger Voltages
02-11-2016, 09:50 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
I have a couple of Vivitar ZoomThryristor 3500 flash units. Would they be safe to use? Am I in danger of "frying" something using them? Other than having the swivel/tilt head, do they offer anything different than the Pentax units? Perhaps more light?
I've used a Vivitar 3700 (1980's flash) with my remotes with no issue. I now use a couple of Sunpak 333 flashes because they have adjustable manual settings (1/16, 1/8, etc. power).

Tim