Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2016, 08:09 AM   #1

Godox V850 Li-ion Camera Speedlite Flash + FT-16S Wireless Trigger Set with K-3 II

Anybody familiar with the Godox V850 Li-ion Camera Speedlite Flash + FT-16S Wireless Trigger Set with Pentax K-3 II?

03-19-2016, 01:22 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I was a great fan of ttl flash with film cameras. In comparison, on all my pentaxs digital cameras I have been very unhappy with all the auto functions. All I wanted was a manual flash that my camera and flash couldn't stuff up. Keeping manual as I had programmed it on an auto flash often didn't work.

Since I purchased my two Godox flashed I haven't used any of my other 6 flash guns. I love the short recycle time and the quick and easy method to change the flash. Getting 600 flashes out of the Godox is brilliant. I have the occasional hickup in quickly changing wildlife situations particularly at night. I love having at long last full control of the flash.

The only problem I have had is I have pulled the white card out of one of the guns.

Only used the rigger a few times, and I found it very easy to use. If I can't stuff the trigger up, it must be easy.

I have been known to have had three flash guns being repaired at the one time. I haven't as yet destroyed either of my Godoxs

Long live manual flash guns

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/125-flashes-lighting-studio/250676-anyone...#ixzz43KofLHZJ
03-19-2016, 05:09 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Only inconvenience is that sometimes HSS is very desirable.

Other than that it's a fantastic flash.

Great off camera. Reliable trigger. Superfast recycling.

Also, manual flash isn't that hard if you are willing to learn.

Howie Be
03-19-2016, 05:19 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by zzz11 Quote
Anybody familiar with the Godox V850 Li-ion Camera Speedlite Flash + FT-16S Wireless Trigger Set with Pentax K-3 II?
Should work with the K-3 II like it does with all cameras in a non-brand specific manner.

It is a great flash when you need stamina and/or easy battery handling. The trigger system, however, does not allow control over the power of multiple flashes as quickly as the Cactus V6 does. I compared the V850 to the Cactus RF60, pointing out the shortcomings of the triggering system.

Godox released a new X1 trigger system and the V850 is compatible with it, provided you get the right receiver, but that new system still seems to suffer from some teething problems.