Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2016, 06:46 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Does anyone know the Sto-Fen Omni bounce model that will work with the AF360FGZ II

I find one listed for the AF360FGZ but not the II.
Any help would be appreciated.

04-04-2016, 07:12 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

In the Q/A for the one that fits the 360 it says that it fits the 360fgzII also. I am not sure if the person answering is correct though.

http://www.amazon.com/Sto-Fen-371727-Omni-Bounce-OM-PZ8/dp/B0009WDQ3C

---------- Post added 04-04-16 at 10:23 PM ----------

On the Sto-Fen site it lists the 540FGZII, 540FGZ, and 360FGZ as compatibility choices, but does not mention the 360FGZII.

http://www.stofen.com/index.asp

Last edited by C_Jones; 04-04-2016 at 07:27 PM.
04-04-2016, 07:34 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I had the same question about the Sto-fen for the 540FGZii until I read some comparisons that demonstrated it had no greater effect than the built in diffuser.
04-04-2016, 08:15 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I had the same question before... and don't think Sto-fen makes one for that model... I have learned that I don't need diffuser any more - thanks to the front LED integration design.

04-04-2016, 10:04 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Email sto-fen and ask...
04-04-2016, 10:12 PM - 1 Like   #6
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi sarge. I have got a " how to use " link to the stofen which I found very useful. The stofen has a quite limited use really, but when it is used, the results are very different. I hope it is of use to you buddy. As the posters said above, they have found that they don't need one.

04-04-2016, 10:16 PM - 2 Likes   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Quartermaster James Quote
I had the same question about the Sto-fen for the 540FGZii until I read some comparisons that demonstrated it had no greater effect than the built in diffuser.
Completely different concept, QJ.

The built in diffuser casts a wider angle, the Stofen lets additional light out the top and sides to give bounce fill from all your walls and ceiling.

Of course, *outdoors* there is no such effect - in fact, it's weaker.
04-04-2016, 10:51 PM - 1 Like   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Hi sarge. I have got a " how to use " link to the stofen which I found very useful. The stofen has a quite limited use really, but when it is used, the results are very different. I hope it is of use to you buddy. As the posters said above, they have found that they don't need one.

How to use a flash stofen (diffusion dome) - Quick Photo Tip - YouTube
I actually watched this video. It explains them quite well and is how I use them.

04-04-2016, 10:55 PM - 1 Like   #9
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by sarge Quote
I actually watched this video. It explains them quite well and is how I use them.

You seem like somebody who does their research !! I hope you can find one that fits. Good luck.
04-04-2016, 10:55 PM   #10

Original Poster
I am aware of their limitations and proper use of them.
It is just another modifier that I want to have in my bag along with the umbrellas and softboxes. They are tiny and useful in the right environment.
I found the model that my LumoPro LP 180 speed lights use and will be getting those. Just wanted one for my AF360GFZ II as well.
04-05-2016, 06:43 AM   #11
Veteran Member

I like the flashbender better than the Sto-Fen. I bend the panel towards my subject and fire away. Depending on how you adjust it, you can bounce off the ceiling and off the panel to make a pleasing light for the room and a nice fill for your subject. It looks a little funny to have it on your camera, but it works wonderfully. I think the Demp-Flip IT looks better, but for my uses, this works great!
04-05-2016, 07:13 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Completely different concept, QJ.

The built in diffuser casts a wider angle, the Stofen lets additional light out the top and sides to give bounce fill from all your walls and ceiling.

Of course, *outdoors* there is no such effect - in fact, it's weaker.
Thanks!