Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2008, 04:18 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Broadway Photo False Advertising AF540FGZ

7.11.08 Broadway Photo advertises a good deal on AF540FGZ: $300. I ordered it and they emailed me that it was back ordered. However, they continue to advertise it as "in stock" even though it is on back order. Beware. This might be a good deal for those who don't care when they get the item.

07-11-2008, 05:07 AM   #2
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by StevenLS Quote
7.11.08 Broadway Photo advertises a good deal on AF540FGZ: $300. I ordered it and they emailed me that it was back ordered. However, they continue to advertise it as "in stock" even though it is on back order. Beware. This might be a good deal for those who don't care when they get the item.

You need to cancel that order as soon as you possible can. If you put it on a credit card, be ready to file a claim. In fact, they may have already charged your card.

Broadway Photo is a scam group that operates under many names.

go here.

Broadway Photo / A&M Photo World, Regal Camera, Prestige Camera, Preferred Photo, Royal Camera, more Customer Ratings, Reviews and Prices at ResellerRatings
07-11-2008, 05:22 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Yeah, go and cancel the order. Tell them that you are going to buy it from another store that actually has it in stock.

We did have a conversation not so long ago about the Broadway Photo, didn't we? Avoid them.
07-11-2008, 08:54 AM   #4
Forum Member

So how can these photo magazines put these guys in their magazines? Do they value money over ethics?

07-11-2008, 09:00 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deathspared Quote
So how can these photo magazines put these guys in their magazines? Do they value money over ethics?
which photomagazines

and yes, add money overpowers all judgement
07-11-2008, 12:21 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
[QUOTE=Gooshin;289125]which photomagazines

and yes, add money overpowers all judgement[/QUOTE

The latest issues of Outdoor Photographer and PC Photo, among others. I've written a letter to Werner Publishing about Broadway Photo (just mailed it today so don't have any response yet - will share if and when I do get one).
07-11-2008, 12:33 PM   #7
Forum Member

And we have the choice to support these magazines.

Personally, I choose not to support magazines who I know put ads from companies who are known scammers.

What if Pentaxforums.com was funded by a scamming company? Would we just be content with that? I doubt it.
07-11-2008, 12:49 PM   #8
Igilligan

Money talks for Ads and subscriptions

[QUOTE=ChipB;289244]
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
which photomagazines

and yes, add money overpowers all judgement[/QUOTE

The latest issues of Outdoor Photographer and PC Photo, among others. I've written a letter to Werner Publishing about Broadway Photo (just mailed it today so don't have any response yet - will share if and when I do get one).

I cancelled mine when I did not get any response to my emails about the ads.
Still no response after my cancellation letter.
You are right that the Ad salesperson only wants to make his quota. And it must be hard to sell ads in mags now days, but if you let a company take a page in your magazine, you are telling me that you approve of their business practices and I will choose to not give your magazine anymore of my money.
To someone who does not know any better, one might assume that if the company has an ad in a National or worldwide magazine that they are legit. But with these guys we know how they get their money to pay for the ads.

It may take a lot of folks cancelling to send the message.
Probably a useless gesture but....

07-11-2008, 01:00 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
ALWAYS Google an internet business before doing business with them to see what others have to say about them.

Had you done so with Broadway, you would have seen that their approval record is lower than GB's (sorry, couldn't resist!)
07-11-2008, 01:25 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
ALWAYS Google an internet business before doing business with them to see what others have to say about them.

Had you done so with Broadway, you would have seen that their approval record is lower than GB's (sorry, couldn't resist!)
But still better than Congress's (sorry, couldn't resist).
07-24-2008, 04:27 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks, Guys. I cancelled the order and got one from B&H.
07-24-2008, 04:56 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deathspared Quote
No, magazines cannot decline to print an ad, unless it has unlawful content or is openly fraudulent.

Ben
07-24-2008, 05:16 AM   #13
Syb
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ben_Edict Quote
No, magazines cannot decline to print an ad, unless it has unlawful content or is openly fraudulent.
You can say that here, can't you?
07-24-2008, 05:54 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Syb Quote
You can say that here, can't you?
Can you prove it? That is the problem. A magazine needs a real prove, that will stand up to legal examination. Otherwise the advertising client could sue them.

Ben
07-24-2008, 06:01 AM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ben_Edict Quote

Ben
Maybe in Germany, but that's not true in the US. The magazine publisher has the right to deny ads.

Several years ago, one publisher took it one step further. They made a "code of business' all advertiser's had to agree to before accepting their ads. To bad all magazines don't do that.