Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2016, 10:31 PM - 1 Like   #1
Forum Member

RF603 triggers not firing YN560 IV

Hi guys. I pulled out my Yongnuo RF603 triggers and 560IV speed light after a while.

I put fresh batteries in the 2 triggers and the speed light. I'm aware that I don't need the second trigger because the YN560IV has a built in receiver.

I put one trigger one the hot shoe of my K5. Both lights on the trigger light up. I put the flash into RX mode and the blue light is on.

When I press the shutter, it does not fire. The LED on the right side of the trigger flashes but the flash does not activate. The sync speed is well below 1/180s so that is not the issue.

I have tried putting the triggers both on TRX and TX, same thing happens. I have reset the camera as well as the flash. In the past, when this setup worked, I remember the trigger would still fire the flash regardless if it was on TX or TRX mode.

Also, I noticed that on the flash in RX mode, there is two dashes (- -) where the power setting should be. I'm guessing that's where my issue is but I can't find any solutions. This is a manual flash so the power has to be adjusted on the flash. But it doesn't let me change the power, it just shows two dashes in its place.

Edit: After messing around for an hour, I decide to make this post. Then 2 minutes after I make this post, I found a solution. I pressed the "Mode" button on the RX screen of the flash a few times and now it works.

Last edited by matt_lin18; 04-22-2016 at 10:39 PM.