Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-11-2010, 11:58 AM   #136
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by WMBP Quote
Don't know anything about Yongnuo, but I've never had a problem with my FlashWave II system. They've been very reliable.

Will
Its seems the FlashWave II system is not in production any more. Not even avaliable in Europe either.

Been looking at the new FlashWave 3, but i to dont like the standing up design of the transmitter.

Maybe i'll just settle for the Cactus v4's :ugh:

08-11-2010, 12:48 PM   #137
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by the swede Quote
Its seems the FlashWave II system is not in production any more. Not even avaliable in Europe either.

Been looking at the new FlashWave 3, but i to dont like the standing up design of the transmitter.
I understand that the FW2 isn't distributed any more. I rather regret it, since that's what I have and I will now have to start over if I want to add units (which I will sooner rather than later).

But when I upgrade, I will probably just continue with the Flashwave products. The FW2 was so reliable for me, that I would expect the FW3 to be at least as good. And I think they are still just about the least expensive system around.

Will
08-11-2010, 07:36 PM   #138

QuoteOriginally posted by WMBP Quote
I understand that the FW2 isn't distributed any more.
Where do you get your news?

It's currently sold on Amazon!

Amazon.com: FlashWave2 Wireless Radio Slave (Remote Wireless Flash…
08-11-2010, 07:51 PM   #139
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Genes Pentax Quote
Where do you get your news?

It's currently sold on Amazon!
I've been reading this news for a while now, for example, here:

SMDV FlashWaves III triggers released

I see now that some Flashwave2 products are listed on Amazon, but apparently they're coming from third-party resellers that I've never heard of before. Not available at all (FW2 or FW3) from B&H or Adorama, although I can't remember if either of those outfits EVER carried them. I bought my first transmitter and 2 receivers directly from the company through their web site. A year ago, they disappeared from Amazon completely. Then they came back and I bought a third receiver. I certainly have the impression that the company itself—which I believe is a VERY small family biz in Korea—is not making new Flashwave2 units.

But it's a tad difficult to corroborate because the Korean company doesn't any longer seem to have an English web site that I can find. The url for their old web site (g9chon.com) now takes you to Amazon.

Will

08-14-2010, 09:20 PM   #140
Brooke Meyer

Links to Flashwave Mfr. & Retail Outlet in Korea- English

SM Development Company

SMDV Studio FLASH WAVE 3 Strobe/Portable Flash Slave Radio 10 Channel -They take Google Checkout and Paypal.
08-17-2010, 04:25 AM   #141
SES

Flash Wave-III received

Hi

Just wanted to share with you my experience with Konova Photo&Video where I bought my new Flash Wave III.

The service was very good and they respondet quickly on e-mail. The shipment took 6 days to Norway. Quite good I think.

I placed my order via e-mail as I could not find in their web shop how to order an extra receiver in addition to the receiver/transmitter set I bought. I also bought one cord to be able to use the receiver as a remote for the camera. Payment via PayPal.

I have not been able to test them properly yet, but they work very well indoors so fare. I have used them to trigger a Sunpak 422-D and a Pentax AF- 360FGZ.

The remote also works great. Connecting the receiver to the camera and pressing a small button on the transmitter half way activates the autofocus and the shutter when pushing a bit harder.

All in all I must say it all looks promising. My main use is to use them for wildlife photography, so testing the range outside (180m according to the user guide) will be my next testing.

Thanks
09-08-2010, 09:07 AM   #142
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I'm going to add a little something interesting. I've been using FW V II's for 3 years now without a single issue. No misfires, nothing.

On another forum I frequent, there are a couple of threads discussing Radio Poppers locking up and misfiring. There are a few comments about other brands although much less. Like I've said in this thread before, if you want a good quality and reasonably priced product that doesn't seem to have a failure issue. These are the way to go. With the new FW V III's having a range of 80M (265'), I can see anything being better.

Btw Will, From Brooke's post above, it seems the V II's are still in production and could be ordered. If you want V II's I have 3 receivers and 2 transmitters and am considering switching to V III's

11-28-2010, 01:41 PM   #143
Inactive Account

Would be cool to see some updates to this thread!

Is there anything new out there! Whats the best option for Pentax right now.

Where can one buy the Flash Wave 3 triggers/recievers??? Cant find any info at SMDV's page

Last edited by the swede; 11-28-2010 at 02:01 PM.
11-29-2010, 06:01 AM   #144
Inactive Account

Hello All I'm Gus Dode from Bali.I'm a new member here. I have Pentax K10D .anyway what should of speed flashes is good for it?? and could I find the cheap one on the Ebay?
thanks
12-26-2010, 01:47 AM   #145
Veteran Member

@Peter Zach

I just wanted to say thanks for bringing this product to our attention. I believe I originally stumbled upon this thread over a year ago and finally decided to take the plunge into using flash. I just got a trans/receiver Flash Wave III set for xmas and have played with it a bit in my house and think it's wonderful! I look forward to learning more and more about flash photography in the future and really do have you to thank for it.

Scott