Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-30-2009, 11:05 PM   #106
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I emailed 2 suppliers I have email addresses for. We'll just have to wait and see.
I see the manufacturer still lists them and if I don't get a response, I'll email them next week.

12-31-2009, 05:30 AM   #107
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Original Poster
Well I got an automated email reply from G9Chon so far.
If you just placed an order on our website: Etc etc
So at least the email address still appears active.
12-31-2009, 06:53 AM   #108

Thanks Peter, will be looking forward for it.
12-31-2009, 07:57 AM   #109
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Uh Oh. Me to. Even the links I had bookmarked are doing this. I'll try to email then as I have the email address but don't expect an answer till next week as the holiday will slow a response.

If anyone knows what's going on. Please post here.
Well, it's pretty clear that the DNS registration for this domain (g9chon.com) has been edited to direct users to Amazon. The Flashwave products were being made by a small Korean company, if I recall correctly. Again, if I recall correctly, they had a USA rep handling orders. I know that my order arrived very quickly - too quickly to have come all the way from Korea. Perhaps the Korean company has broken its relationship with the USA rep and is seeking a new means of distribution in North America, and in the meantime, they provide a very simple redirect to Amazon via their domain registration. Just a guess but it makes sense to me.

Hope we get this worked out, though, as I'd like to buy a couple more triggers!*

Will

*"triggers": My mistake. I mean transmitters, although I also need receivers....

Last edited by WMBP; 01-02-2010 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Corrected mistaken use of word "triggers" at the end of the post
01-01-2010, 03:02 PM   #110
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Original Poster
G9Chon answered the email and told me the same thing. Amazon will now be handling retail sales. So I wrote Amazon. com to tell me what they are selling. The current item on the page is only a receiver

I need a couple more recievers and a second transmitter. So as soon as Amazon tells me what's up, I'll update the thread. Lets hope they carry the full product line.

I'm also going to write them back and see if they will send me an email address to the distributor. I can't seem to find them on Amazon as the orders seem to be filled directly by Amazon.

The response I got was:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

We are no longer doing retail sales. But our partner distributor in USA is selling through Amazon. At their request, we directed our website to Amazon.

Also we are still supporting our previous customers who contacts us.

Thank you.

G9Chon
01-02-2010, 06:58 AM   #111
Veteran Member

Thanks, Peter, for checking on this.

I'll keep checking over at Amazon myself.

Will
01-02-2010, 04:56 PM   #112

Thanks for the information Peter, checked amazon they just have a receiver. Hopefully they will have the whole set soon.

Kriss

01-06-2010, 05:17 AM   #113
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Original Poster
I found another seller. They are located in the Philippines and as is often the case with international companies, the email response was very short. I've sent them a follow up email to get a full line price list and asked if they can do it in USD.

It would seem they are just getting started with Flashwaves as the site is still under construction.

This is what they sent me so far:
For the prices po pala- transmitter- Php2800

Receiver- Php 4200

link for flashwave2

Here's the email address: info@aperturetrading.com and the original web site I found: Web site

So it would seem that we have a place to order now and once the new site is up, I'll edit the original links in the first post.

Using the following currency converter A FW2 transmitter is $60.00 USD

Last edited by Peter Zack; 01-06-2010 at 05:22 AM.
02-03-2010, 02:43 AM   #114

I was just about to buy flashwaves!!

Could any of you drop me a PM or post here when there's progress on finding the flashwaves? Thanks, I was all ready to go for them...
02-03-2010, 07:35 AM   #115
Veteran Member

I just placed an order at Amazon for another receiver ($135). Sold by a third-party reseller named Jina Kim, but apparently fulfilled by Amazon. I read the note that explained that fulfilled by Amazon means that it's packaged and shipped by Amazon. So I don't quite get who's selling it. Anyway, supposed to be here on Friday; I'll try to remember to post a comment about my experience after I get it.

Amazon now has three packages for sale: transmitter alone ($80), and receiver alone ($135), and transmitter + 1 receiver ($200). Just go to Amazon.com and search for "flashwave 2".

Will
02-05-2010, 02:08 PM   #116
Veteran Member

order received from Amazon

A little while ago, the UPS truck delivered the Flashwave 2 receiver I ordered the other day from Amazon.com (see my previous message). The package arrived when I expected, two days after I placed the order.

I put batteries into the receiver and just did a few quick tests - seems to work fine, just like the others that I have.

SO it looks like they're shipping again through Amazon.

By the way, the package's return address shows that it comes from Jina Kim in Phoenix, Arizona. I've googled Jina Kim without finding anybody who looks like they're THE Jina Kim in Phoenix who's selling Flashwaves.

Will
02-19-2010, 08:47 PM   #117
Pentaxian

I was ready to take your advice and order the FlashWaves set on Amazon yesterday, but I found the set is no longer listed, just the TX and RX listed individually. I was disappointed and didn't order because buying two receivers and a transmitter is more expensive than buying the set (and an extra RX). Hopefully the set gets listed again soon as I'm on a tight budget and can't justify spending extra dollars when a set was cheaper just a couple weeks ago.
02-19-2010, 09:58 PM   #118
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by builttospill Quote
I was ready to take your advice and order the FlashWaves set on Amazon yesterday, but I found the set is no longer listed, just the TX and RX listed individually. I was disappointed and didn't order because buying two receivers and a transmitter is more expensive than buying the set (and an extra RX). Hopefully the set gets listed again soon as I'm on a tight budget and can't justify spending extra dollars when a set was cheaper just a couple weeks ago.
Yeah, I can't see it there now, either. I myself ordered just a receiver recently, but I'm sure I saw all three packages available when I posted my previous message a week ago.

You might respond to Amazon about this. When you search for "flashwave2", you'll see a "Search Feedback" option below the product listings, and where it asks if you found what you were looking for, you can click No and write them a short note. I suppose there's a remote possibility that a human being will actually read your note and respond to you....

Will
02-22-2010, 08:56 AM   #119
Pentaxian

Thanks. I thought your idea was a good one, so I sent them a comment over the weekend saying I wanted the set. After searching this morning, the set was back.

I placed the order, and I'm going to be the proud new owner of a set and extra receiver. Thanks again for your help.
02-22-2010, 09:03 AM   #120
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by builttospill Quote
Thanks. I thought your idea was a good one, so I sent them a comment over the weekend saying I wanted the set. After searching this morning, the set was back.

I placed the order, and I'm going to be the proud new owner of a set and extra receiver. Thanks again for your help.
You're welcome, although I continue to thank Peter Zack and others for turning ME on to the Flashwaves in the first place and for this excellent ongoing thread.

Just getting your one flash unit off the camera can make a HUGE difference to your photography. I had fun shooting a Halloween haunted house last year holding the camera in one hand and the flash unit (attached to a FW2 receiver) in the other.

But once you get one receiver, you'll soon want to buy a second, and I've found that getting a second, I wanted a third. And the neat thing is, you can start buying cheaper third-party flash units. Anyway, I do hope that the FlashWave2 products stay on the market because I'll be buying more units myself in the future.

Will