Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-01-2016, 04:08 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Gloxy Flash

Hi!, somebody know if gloxy flash is compatible in manual mode with pentax?

Flash esclavo Gloxy 328AF

Thanks!

06-01-2016, 04:50 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Any flash should work fine in manual mode as long as your camera is set at the proper sync speed. I use LumoPro LP 180 flashes all the time with my K-3 II and K-S2. They are not TTL flashes and have no automation. However they have very intuitive controls, are very durable, are able to sync just about every way possible and have very consistent output.
06-01-2016, 06:26 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Not really "any" will work fine. If you put old analog era camera flash on hot shoe, some will provide very high voltage on contact pin and you will probably fry your camera down.
Never heard of that brand-if its made for digital-it should work without any harm with any camera brand with standard hotshoe mount.
06-02-2016, 03:30 AM   #4

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thank you very much to all. of foto24 , responded that flashes Gloxy GX-F990 and TR-985 are for Nikon and Canon are not compatible with Pentax.
828 DFE flash and AF 328 Gloxy manual flashes are not synchronized TTL.
I'm not sure it really well ...
Currently I have a Yongnuo YN 560 III, he had read in several places that trababa at full power and did not allow varying the intensity of the flash ... I was happy with him a few months until I happened the same problem ... it is a great flash with good controls and power, but if it is used to work in events to take many consecutive pictures, , although not at full power, will end up ruining ... in my case I use without problems in small jobs, but the 4th "big" event because it could not regulate more power ..
What do you recommend that flash is more reliable to work without salary leave him? ...
With manual flash I does the trick quite well, I just miss in that manual Pentax flashes can not be synchronized to the second curtain ..

Thank you very much!

P.D. Sorry for my english (google traductor XD)