Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2008, 05:58 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Metz 48

One short question for you is it possible to use the metz 48 wireless without the on camera flash to fire?

07-23-2008, 12:15 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Effi Quote
One short question for you is it possible to use the metz 48 wireless without the on camera flash to fire?
You will have to go in the menu on the lcd and set it to operate wireless with the onboard flash off. However, the on board flash will still fire low level flashes to communicate with the wireless flash. I went through this same question when I first got my Metz 48. This will be true regardless of the wireless you are using however. This low level flash supposedly will not effect the shot. The point is that even though you turn the master off, it isn't completely off in order to work.