Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-21-2016, 05:09 AM   #31
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dan Rentea Quote
Of course you didn't hear about Focus 94. You're not the only one. There's just a few people who knows about our official Pentax dealer, most of them being loyal customers. I think Focus 94 (our official Pentax dealer) is the most unknown photo store in Romania. So, you haven't lost anything by not knowing about them.

You bought your camera from Naomi? Wow, what a small world. She is a good friend of mine.
ah cool yep i bought a k3, grip and DA*50-135 from her a few weeks ago. im pretty sure thats her name anyway, just had to check on facebook

QuoteQuote:
Cactus are probably the best option for Pentax at this moment (if you want to buy the triggers from Romania). Photosetup is selling both triggers from Cactus (V6 and V6 Mark II). Also, you can buy from them RF60 flashes, which are very good manual flashes, with built in radio.
excellent thanks i'll have to pick up their package with two RF60's and a transceiver plus a spare one to get started.

07-21-2016, 12:53 PM   #32

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fwbigd Quote
HSS is available for Pentax now in the form of the Priolite studio strobes now. Priolite Brings 1/8000s Flash Sync to Pentax DSLRs Also, the new Cactus V6ii provides HHS for Pentax and is available from both B&H and Adorama. Adorama has a HSS/TTL trigger and receiver scheduled for release later this year for Pentax. Flashpoint R2 TTL 2.4G Wireless Remote System For Pentax FP-RR-R2-K-PN This system is designed to be used with both speedlights and Flashpoint XPLOR 600 HSS TTL Battery-Powered Monolight (Godox.)
Today I ordered from Adorama the trigger solution to my HSS needs. I already have 3 Flashpoint ad360 generation one lights that communicate on 433mhz receivers. I like the 433mhz because there is very little traffic so much less interference. So I thought my migration to Nikon would require me to buy 3 new 2.4ghz receivers and a new 2.4ghz main transceiver. Wrong! All i need is a "bridge" 433mgz transceiver which will work with all of my existing receivers on my generation one system. Whoohoo! The total cost to go from 3 3 great lights to great HSS lights that can be controlled wirelessly is for the bridge transceiver $33.00!!! This is the link to the transciever Flashpoint R1 HSS Remote Transceiver for Nikon FP-RR-R1-TR-NIKON
07-27-2016, 08:32 AM   #33
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tyee Quote
This is the link to the transciever Flashpoint R1 HSS Remote Transceiver for Nikon FP-RR-R1-TR-NIKON
Are you able to do i-TTL with this setup?

Steve
07-27-2016, 08:49 AM   #34
Veteran Member

There's nothing to suggest it does from the product page and reviews .....

Here's a couple of quick quotes ...

By JLorf
- Professional

'As with just about every other Flashpoint piece of gear I own this too is almost done right. Yes, it allows you to shoot in High Speed Sync which is in fact why I bought it. However, as stated in another review, you now no longer have the ability to actually change the power output of the Streaklight from the camera. And THAT is the reason I bought the system in the first place!!! So... It will now all go on ebay and I'll go back to Pocket Wizards and Speedlights.'

By DAVID M.
- Professional

'Nothing new to report from previous reviews. It does support HSS off camera, but does not have the capability of power changes from the unit. I haven't tried it out as a receiver for a flash or as a camera remote, which it is also capable of....'

Certainly the overpowering impression is that it offers the trigger signal, including HSS, but not any automatic or manual power control. My assumption is that the flash outputs need to be individually set on the lights..... ?

---------- Post added 27-07-16 at 15:54 ----------

It is hard to reconcile this solution with the OPs original complaint .....

QuoteOriginally posted by tyee Quote
... I just bought a K3 trusting that it would be fun. I bought a couple of grand worth of glass and then reality began to set in. Why was my camera the step-child of the camera world? Why was finding solutions to have the same capabilities as my photography friends here in Costa Rica monumentally hard and often an impossibility. I have three ad360ws strobes and one 600ws that I can only shoot manually

Last edited by mcgregni; 07-27-2016 at 08:56 AM.
07-27-2016, 02:20 PM   #35
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mcgregni Quote
It is hard to reconcile this solution with the OPs original complaint .....
Yes, wireless HSS with P-TTL on the big strobes was part of the original need. Well, at least he has friends local to him with the same brand camera to help him figure out how best to work around the quirks of the Nikon system.

Steve