Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2016, 02:11 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sync cord does not work with K3

I bought this aputure sync chord. the first one was faulty so it was returned.
The replacement works with all my flashes when used with my k-30

My k-3 on the other hand does not seem to work with it. I have to metz flashes and both show as a gps.
My yongnuo flashes dont come up with gps symbol it will not fire at all.

Anybody face such a problem?

07-20-2016, 10:06 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Culture Quote
My k-3 on the other hand does not seem to work with it. I have to metz flashes and both show as a gps.
My yongnuo flashes dont come up with gps symbol it will not fire at all.
Do those flashes work "on-camera" using the same camera mode/settings? At very least, manual mode on the flashes and X mode on the camera should be compatible.

Steve
07-20-2016, 01:03 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Do those flashes work "on-camera" using the same camera mode/settings? At very least, manual mode on the flashes and X mode on the camera should be compatible.

Steve
Yes those same flashes work on-camera with those settings. I have tried in manual and x mode too.
This is very bizarre I have to say.
07-20-2016, 05:24 PM   #4
Veteran Member

When you say 'sync cord', do you mean an off-camera hot shoe flash sync cable, like this:

or something like this X-sync cord:

(And there are many more varieties of sync cord than just the two above) ...

With the hot-shoe extension cords, if that's what you are having problems with, why not just buy another one (from another brand instead of aputure) and try it out. They are cheap enough.

I have the JJC in the image above that only cost me about $15, and it works fine on K-1/K-3/K-5 (JJC FC-P3 TTL Off-Camera Flash Remote Cord for Pentax 1.3M). Cables get defects all the time - network cables, flash cables etc. Always worth having a spare.

Last edited by rawr; 07-20-2016 at 05:44 PM.
07-20-2016, 07:07 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Culture Quote
Yes those same flashes work on-camera with those settings. I have tried in manual and x mode too.
This is very bizarre I have to say.
I have to ask the obvious...sorry

Is the flash connected to the shoe in the correct orientation?

Steve
07-21-2016, 07:36 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
When you say 'sync cord', do you mean an off-camera hot shoe flash sync cable, like this:

or something like this X-sync cord:

(And there are many more varieties of sync cord than just the two above) ...

With the hot-shoe extension cords, if that's what you are having problems with, why not just buy another one (from another brand instead of aputure) and try it out. They are cheap enough.

I have the JJC in the image above that only cost me about $15, and it works fine on K-1/K-3/K-5 (JJC FC-P3 TTL Off-Camera Flash Remote Cord for Pentax 1.3M). Cables get defects all the time - network cables, flash cables etc. Always worth having a spare.
Yes I mean off-camera hot shoe cable. Until I am certain that it is not the camera I dont want to buy another brand.
This is the only brand i can find in my country for now. I am sure I will find on ebay. But I am just wondering why it works on one camera but doesnt on another.

---------- Post added 21-07-16 at 17:36 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I have to ask the obvious...sorry

Is the flash connected to the shoe in the correct orientation?

Steve
Yes Steve I connected it in the correct orientation.