Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-08-2016, 03:41 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Miniu Meiki MK 320 TTL Speedlite Flash for K-1

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hi, I ordered one of these small TTL flashes for my K-1 as a replacement for the lack of built in flash. The item received was labeled MK 320-P but the box and instructions were for Panasonic/Olympus cameras and would only work on manual on my K-1 and K-3. No TTL and there was obviously no communication between camera and flash. emailed seller via ebay and there response was that my flash is the correct one for Pentax..

Looking at the Meiki flash contacts compared to my 360FGZ there is an obvious mismatch which would explain the no TTL result, see photo.

Meiki website is Mini Meike MK 320 TTL Adjustable Tilt Swivel Head LCD Flash Speedlite FOR Pentax | eBay

Has anyone else had a similar experience with this flash?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
08-08-2016, 04:23 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you paid by Paypal and it has been less than 45 days since purchase then you can open up a Paypal dispute. Item significantly not as described - not TTL as advertised.
08-08-2016, 05:00 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Meiki Flash

Thanks KrazyKat, yes I did use PayPal. I am currently using ebay conflict resolution process to sort this out. I have responded to the seller with the photo showing the difference in the contacts. I hope I can resolve this as I like the little Meiki flash, well built and capable.

Regards,
David
08-08-2016, 08:02 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Uhhh, what happened?

Sorry, nothing of value in my response. But, I just have to know what happened to the gnarly flash on the left (the Pentax)?

08-08-2016, 08:36 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by David Quote
Thanks KrazyKat, yes I did use PayPal. I am currently using ebay conflict resolution process to sort this out. I have responded to the seller with the photo showing the difference in the contacts. I hope I can resolve this as I like the little Meiki flash, well built and capable.

Regards,
David

OK, good.

Another thing: I should mention that a few years ago a friend of mine bought a non-functional flash from a Chinese Ebay seller. They advised him to get a repair quote from a local technician, which he proceeded to do. The Ebay seller then refused to refund his money because the flash had been 'tampered with' by the technician - even though it had been at their suggestion.