Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
08-13-2016, 04:17 AM   #1
Banned

A solution for Manual HSS photography for Pentax

I test it. Well trigger.

Some might think the looking is odd. ugly. but if mount the X1N to the top of K30. you can imagine how it looks. like big flat hat. cover almost top of the camera. with R930 I can split the sender and transmitter to make lighter. but I test with they together.

There are several advantage.

if you use godox, you use all of the godox product line. studio flash, compact flash. they are cheap indeed.they have receiver in body so no need receiver.

So 3 TT600 Hss flash $60 * 3
X1N Sender $ 30
R930 $120

Cheapest to set up a 3 manual flashes light system.

Last edited by andy888; 08-13-2016 at 04:51 AM.
08-14-2016, 05:00 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by andy888 Quote
3 TT600 Hss flash $60 * 3
X1N Sender $ 30
R930 $120
Where do you get those prices?

The amazon prices are 3 * $69 + $47.99 (on special from $69.99) + $120 for the R930 (not available from amazon).
EDIT: Had the wrong price for the TT600 first, sorry.

Personally, I wouldn't want to use the "interface" of the R930 for manual control nor the Godox trigger that has seen a large number of firmware updates in a short time and operates with cryptic custom functions. I wonder why they put the dial on the right hand side of the X1 given that the right hand will typically be holding the camera.

The Godox flashes are great but their triggering systems aren't yet. The first system was the bare minimum and slow to operate. The X1 is better, but not ideal yet and not available for Pentax (hence the re-creation of the "Tower of Babel" on the camera in the video).

For manual HSS photography with Pentax, I'd recommend to take a good look at the Cactus V6II. Works with Pentax directly, including the K-1 and 645Z, has a proper user interface, is a true multi-brand system supporting Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Sony, Fuji, Olympus, and Panasonic, plus has many interesting features like group-cycling, absolute power level control, user defined delays, etc.

Last edited by Class A; 08-15-2016 at 07:06 AM.
08-15-2016, 05:39 AM   #3
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Where do you get those prices?

The amazon prices are 3 * $115 + $47.99 (on special from $69.99) + $120 for the R930 (not available from amazon).

Personally, I wouldn't want to use the "interface" of the R930 for manual control nor the Godox trigger that has seen a large number of firmware updates in a short time and operates with cryptic custom functions. I wonder why they put the dial on the right hand side of the X1 given that the right hand will typically be holding the camera.

The Godox flashes are great but their triggering systems aren't yet. The first system was the bare minimum and slow to operate. The X1 is better, but not ideal yet and not available for Pentax (hence the re-creation of the "Tower of Babel" on the camera in the video).

For manual HSS photography with Pentax, I'd recommend to take a good look at the Cactus V6II. Works with Pentax directly, including the K-1 and 645Z, has a proper user interface, is a true multi-brand system supporting Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Sony, Fuji, Olympus, and Panasonic, plus has many interesting features like group-cycling, absolute power level control, user defined delays, etc.
Would you explain why you gave no fact info?

the TT600 cost 69USD if search amazon. they sold 2 flashes and X1N sender for 189 USD.

and the manual only trigger you push. unreasonably much more expensive than TTL trigger R930.
08-15-2016, 07:33 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Would you explain why you gave no fact info?
I'm very sorry for having quoted an incorrect price for the TT600. I did an amazon search and did not notice that the search result was for a TT600+X1C bundle. I corrected my post.

Would you please be so kind and answer my questions as well?
I've asked you where you get the TT600 for $60 (Amazon price =$69), the X1N for $30 (Amazon price: $47.99), how you know about the R930II development, and whether you are affiliated with Acon. So far, no answers at all.

and the manual only trigger you push
I am not pushing anything. I am providing people with information so that they can make their own choices.

Please try to be less rude. You called me a liar before and now you are stating that I am "pushing" a product. English may not be your first language but can you still try to be less offensive, please?

unreasonably much more expensive than TTL trigger R930.
I think the Cactus triggers have a different target audience.

Yongnuo and Acon show that you can sell products for less money, but do these products have the same usability? Are the hardware controls up for the job? Can one operate them without decoding cryptic displays or configuration settings? Do they come with English manuals? Do the companies can afford to have proper web pages or do they copy text verbatim from other companies without updating names? Is there a dealer network so that you can buy local and get local service? Is the pricing sustainable to allow future product development? Are the products innovative or do they just copy what other companies pioneered? Does the company take care of backward compatibility or do they produce a zoo of products that are hardly compatible with each other, let alone other manufacturers?

Last but not least, what about reliability? Maybe the Acon triggers are fine, I really don't know, but in particular early Yongnuo flashes had heaps of reliability issues. There are people who do an amortised cost calculation and think if they buy three cheap Yongnuo flashes and one goes bust, they are still ahead or equal with their expense, compared to buying a more robust product in the first place. I do not belong to this group of people. I prefer well-engineered, quality products. If you personally prefer to pay the lowest possible price and are happy to accept the implications then that's just fine. However, please don't denigrate people who make different choices.

08-15-2016, 08:10 AM   #5
Banned

Original Poster
I'm very sorry for having quoted an incorrect price for the TT600. I did an amazon search and did not notice that the search result was for a TT600+X1C bundle. I corrected my post.

Would you please be so kind and answer my questions as well?
I've asked you where you get the TT600 for $60 (Amazon price =$69), the X1N for $30 (Amazon price: $47.99), how you know about the R930II development, and whether you are affiliated with Acon. So far, no answers at all.

I am not pushing anything. I am providing people with information so that they can make their own choices.

Please try to be less rude. You called me a liar before and now you are stating that I am "pushing" a product. English may not be your first language but can you still try to be less offensive, please?

I think the Cactus triggers have a different target audience.

Yongnuo and Acon show that you can sell products for less money, but do these products have the same usability? Are the hardware controls up for the job? Can one operate them without decoding cryptic displays or configuration settings? Do they come with English manuals? Do the companies can afford to have proper web pages or do they copy text verbatim from other companies without updating names? Is there a dealer network so that you can buy local and get local service? Is the pricing sustainable to allow future product development? Are the products innovative or do they just copy what other companies pioneered? Does the company take care of backward compatibility or do they produce a zoo of products that are hardly compatible with each other, let alone other manufacturers?

Last but not least, what about reliability? Maybe the Acon triggers are fine, I really don't know, but in particular early Yongnuo flashes had heaps of reliability issues. There are people who do an amortised cost calculation and think if they buy three cheap Yongnuo flashes and one goes bust, they are still ahead or equal with their expense, compared to buying a more robust product in the first place. I do not belong to this group of people. I prefer well-engineered, quality products. If you personally prefer to pay the lowest possible price and are happy to accept the implications then that's just fine. However, please don't denigrate people who make different choices.
I think it is hard to mistake prices in amazon with pictures showed. and I think you are indeed chinese, not because language. people read all of your post would understand whether you are pusher or liar.

acon made the HSS Pentax trigger for first time ever than brand you push and yongnuo.

Last edited by andy888; 08-15-2016 at 08:31 AM.
08-15-2016, 08:30 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Don't worry Andy888, I believe Class A is generally well meaning but nearly every post does tend to look like pushing Cactus products.

I have the Acon 930 as well as Cactus V6 generation 1.

As far as I can tell there is no problem with Acon quality control.

The Cactus is also nice but if you want Pttl and the convenience of HSS the Acon is a good option.

I also have some Godox Ving 850s. This also has its place as its fast battery recycling really sets it apart. Waiting for 4 AA cell powered batteries to charge up is quite painful after using a Godox.

---------- Post added 08-15-2016 at 08:32 AM ----------

Andy888, also thanks for posting.
08-15-2016, 08:35 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Second, I think you are indeed chinese
Now I'm a lying, product-pushing Chinese.
This is getting hilarious.

You know that there are users on this forum who have seen me in real life and could attest that you are talking nonsense? Please also know that I am offended by your insinuation of being a dishonest person.

Look, why don't you stop addressing me? I have a hard time understanding what you are trying to say and the conversation does not seem to be constructive.

I propose that each of us tries to help others in their own way but we refrain from interacting with each other. Please don't be offended if I ignore future attempts by you to address me.

08-15-2016, 09:07 AM   #8
Banned

Original Poster
Now I'm a lying, product-pushing Chinese.
This is getting hilarious.

You know that there are users on this forum who have seen me in real life and could attest that you are talking nonsense? Please also know that I am offended by your insinuation of being a dishonest person.

Look, why don't you stop addressing me? I have a hard time understanding what you are trying to say and the conversation does not seem to be constructive.

I propose that each of us tries to help others in their own way but we refrain from interacting with each other. Please don't be offended if I ignore future attempts by you to address me.
Well, you would know I don't believe in your saying. I am not cactus man". while you show up every where with this product and try to push. I propose you not saying that other is "related” and you are "volunteer". that is why I suspect you are chinese.

I met some native english speaker. never they gave me felling like you. English speaker have some untold characteristic
I felt you have no the characteristic. that is what I felt really.
08-16-2016, 09:03 PM - 1 Like   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
and I think you are indeed chinese.
Wow.
08-16-2016, 10:11 PM   #10
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Wow.
Well, Clarker , Some one you believe is man might turn out to be women in the web. So you have no way to prove but from the behavior of the an ID. and important to have you own thinking.

There might be some to say " hey, he is XXX", then several come to say yes. then you believe. No, you should observe his activity.
08-16-2016, 10:21 PM   #11
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Well, Clarker , Some one you believe is man might turn out to be women in the web. So you have no way to prove but from the behavior of the an ID. and important to have you own thinking.

There might be some to say " hey, he is XXX", then several come to say yes. then you believe. No, you should observe his activity.
His online persona, over many, many posts - not a couple of exchanged Tinder messages - gives the impression of a pretty rigid New Zealander. Fifty yuan bet says he is, Andy!
08-17-2016, 01:39 AM   #12
Banned

Original Poster
meaningless. chinese live everywhere in the world.
08-17-2016, 06:22 AM - 1 Like   #13
Veteran Member

Well I'm a Kiwi too .... But I've been 'away' in England for 23 years ... Not sure, that may mean I'm no longer so rigid !

Look Andy, I really think its time to move away from the personal stuff and keep anything about race out of it ... Firstly, it's just not relevant, and also is likely to be against the rules here, and we just risk bans or locked threads, and we don't want any of that on the flash forum, which is always so helpful and supportive. People get put off and stop reading as well.

We all want to find out more about the Acon products, which seem to have lots of promise for certain uses, but are frankly totally handicapped by a total lack of any sensible, detailed layout of their functioning.

Andy, your video here, whilst the effort is appreciated, hardly helps with this confused picture. What on earth are you doing there ... ? All I can see is blinding flashes firing at point-blank range at nothing. And the camera appears to be at to ISO 12,800 !!!???

---------- Post added 17-08-16 at 13:30 ----------

And the camera LCD seems to be behaving very strangely and erratically , flicking on and off bizarrely ...... Rather than being reassuring, it's all fairly.....worrying.

Last edited by mcgregni; 08-17-2016 at 06:29 AM.
08-17-2016, 08:39 AM   #14
Banned

Original Poster
Well, I mean I can felt the chinese special way . to judge this man is chinese. not any "race" you mentioned. you've gone too far.

Last edited by Parallax; 08-17-2016 at 09:33 AM.
08-17-2016, 09:03 AM   #15
Veteran Member

I can't understand what the relevance is of the reference to Chinese, a race. I'm trying to helpfully steer the discussion back to the topic, about the triggers and how they work. The Chinese stuff is pointless, no one wants to read all that I'm sure.

I'm actually very supportive of the Acon triggers and am genuinely interested in what they offer and in finding out more about them.