Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2016, 11:37 AM   #46

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Glad you were able to figure things out. Always nice to be able to use alternative equipment to see which part is the failing piece in a chain.

Is it the trigger you like so much or the Indra500, or both?

You mentioned how much you liked the Indra500 before so I got curious. After all, most strobes are very similar in specs and it isn't that easy to make a pick.

I have read that the Indra500 have colour consistency issues (in TTL mode) and their modeling light is too weak to be useful. So what makes them "amazing" in your view?
Indra is one of the most consistent (color wise) lights I've ever used. If there is a shift, it's imperceptible to the human eye. I shot Profoto for years, moved to the Phottix and rovelight from there. The Rovelight is a great light for the price but it does have color shift. The indra matches the profotos I've used for consistency in every way and I get more shots per charge than anything I've used before....the form factor, the ability to put it in my bag and the ease of which to use it are amazing.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
645z, cactus, camera, control, exposure, flash, hss, iso, light, lighting, lot, pentax, photo studio, phottix, power, receiver, sony, steps, store, strobe, strobist, system, ttl