Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2016, 12:22 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Flash cord for VING 850 flash with K-S2?

i'm new to camera flashes in general so im not sure what off camera flash cord to buy with the VING 850 manual flash to use with my K-S2

11-05-2016, 10:37 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This one will do the trick. It transmits P-TTL signals which are useless in case of manual flash, but considering the price I think there's no point in looking for generic cord. You may also consider radio triggers - I have used cheap Yongnuo trigger and manual flash with my K-S2, and everything worked well. In many scenarios radio triggers are way more convenient than cords.
11-05-2016, 06:48 PM   #3

The Vello one is excellent, but I think it's designed for using a flash off the hotshoe but on a bracket attached to the camera, because it's so chunky and short. In theory it's 3' long, but you'd never get that in practice.

I have one and it works perfectly for what it does, but if you want anything more than a foot between the hotshoe and the flash I'd be looking at PC sync cables or wireless triggers.
11-06-2016, 05:30 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by paulster Quote
... I think it's designed for using a flash off the hotshoe but on a bracket
You're absolutely right - I don't think one can use it to connect a flash in opposite corner of a studio

@Inzova: could you shortly describe how you're going to use off camera flash, please?