Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
07-20-2018, 06:22 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by d01_alex02 Quote
——-

This set-up still makes no sense. If you’re setting “flash” to “Nikon” this, (to me) implies you’re getting TTL as well as HSS. If TTL is achieved with the Nikon flash setting, this would logically eliminate the need for the Godox transmitter atop the Cactis transmitter, right?! Obviously this isn’t the case since the Cactus transmitter isn’t communicating with the Godox flash. So, shouldn’t the “flash” setting be set to “manual” instead? I just ordered the Cactus transmitter so I’ll be putting this to the test when it arrives.
This was a known defect in the Cactus firmware at the time. Logic doesn't apply when there is a firmware bug. Whether this problem still exists I haven't bothered to check.

Anyway, at the time I posted this, my instructions worked.

QuoteOriginally posted by d01_alex02 Quote
So, shouldn’t the “flash” setting be set to “manual” instead?
You are correct if not for the firmware bug at the time. In fact, when testing with a K1, you do set it to "Manual". I have provided instructions for set up with a K1 elsewhere as well. See post #37 in this thread that clearly states the different setup between using a K3 vs a K1. With the firmware I quoted for the K1, the setup is actually "logical" and now you do set it to "manual" flash.

Good luck. The Cactus V6 II combo with Godox triggers works well if you require HSS.

Last edited by howieb101; 07-20-2018 at 06:28 PM.
09-02-2018, 09:00 AM   #47

Not sure if you guys know this but I am just going to leave it here...
FLASHPOINT R2 PRO-P / GODOX XPRO-P ? TTL Transmitter For Pentax Announced | FLASH HAVOC