Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2008, 01:10 PM   #1

Dedicated Flash

hi it's me again Baldi,I'm still having a little dilemma with my k110,the photos end up dark.I tried everything the people on the forum told me to do,pc monitor adjustments,it made no difference.some photos are good some are dark,if I bought a dedicated flash,would that help my situation.and what would be a good one to buy?eBay has them from $40.00 to $120.00,or give me a good name brand and a good place to pick one up. I don't have a clue what I'm looking for...I'm figuring more light,light photos.any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.thanks..

08-01-2008, 05:46 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I did look briefly at the other post and why do you think flash would help here? You said that pictures with flash look ok and the ones taken without one are dark. You do not really want to shoot every picture with flash.

On the flash subject, you have few choices:

1. Old thyristor flash. Once you make sure that voltage is safe, you can use it in manual mode with your DSLR. It is also the cheapest option as you can get used flashes for about $20 on Ebay.

2. Third party P-TTL flash. I think Digital Concepts makes one that you can get on Ebay for $110 or so. Good basic flash with features that will cost you twice that if you go with better known brands (Pentax, Metz).

3. Pentax or Metz flash. P-TTL, dedicated and expensive.