Show Printable Version 14 Likes Search this Thread
05-11-2017, 03:52 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Thank you for the clarification.

Best regards,

08-10-2017, 04:40 AM   #47

I bought Shanny SN600FGZ. HSS not working with my Pentax K-5.

Where is the problem?
08-10-2017, 05:50 AM   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by valonkuvaaja Quote

Where is the problem?
What have you tried?

Assume you have enabled it on the Shanny?
08-10-2017, 10:56 AM   #49

QuoteOriginally posted by richandfleur Quote
What have you tried?
I try to use it like I used my Metz 58 AF-1 flash. Metz works fine with my K-5.

I still use same settings my K-5, but Shanny works only max 1/180 shutter speed.

I asked help from the seller, but they said this is the first time this kind of the problem. They can not help more.

08-10-2017, 06:28 PM - 1 Like   #50

Hi there, Put your camera in manual mode. the shutter speed wont rise above the sync speed until you enable HSS on the shanny.. To do this - Set the flash to PTTL mode (Lightning symbol) press sync button on bottom right of screen twice. So it reads HS.. Then shutter speed will rise to whatever you desire...

Last edited by stub; 08-10-2017 at 06:55 PM.
08-10-2017, 09:13 PM - 1 Like   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've also found that with the K-5 that when you switch camera modes the flash doesn't always re-sync/re-adjust requiring a reset for both camera and flash;

1. Hold the button underneath the "Zm/C.Fn" . This will take you to flash settings.
2. Scroll wheel one click to the left to "System Restore". Push button underneath "S.R" to activate Restore.
3. Turn camera off, remove battery, remove flash
4. Put camera on desired mode, put flash back on, turn on camera, turn on flash

Usually the System Restore will work without having to go the extra mile.
08-12-2017, 03:18 AM   #52

QuoteOriginally posted by Lmcfarrin Quote
I've also found that with the K-5 that when you switch camera modes the flash doesn't always re-sync/re-adjust requiring a reset for both camera and flash;

1. Hold the button underneath the "Zm/C.Fn" . This will take you to flash settings.
2. Scroll wheel one click to the left to "System Restore". Push button underneath "S.R" to activate Restore.
3. Turn camera off, remove battery, remove flash
4. Put camera on desired mode, put flash back on, turn on camera, turn on flash

Usually the System Restore will work without having to go the extra mile.
Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, this did not help either.

I wonder if the fault then be my K-5.

Last edited by valonkuvaaja; 08-12-2017 at 03:31 AM.
08-12-2017, 06:44 AM   #53
Veteran Member

Valonkuvaaja, you have ignored the two critical posts here, from Richard and Stub. You need to be certain that the flash is set to its HS mode as they have said. So far you have not referred to this, so we don't know if you have even considered it .... You have said that you used the same process as for your Metz flash, but that has no relevance to the Shanny, and indeed I can only imagine would not be expected to work because they are different models from different makers.

Have you checked this and referred to the Flash instructions? Getting the HS mode engaged is critical. I would also advise using Camera Manual mode to control your shutter speed and get it into HSS territory. In theory getting these two critical aspects right should bring success. As it stands from what you have said there is no reason to suspect any fault with any of the equipment.

Last edited by mcgregni; 08-12-2017 at 06:49 AM.
08-12-2017, 02:07 PM   #54

QuoteOriginally posted by mcgregni Quote
Valonkuvaaja, you have ignored the two critical posts here, from Richard and Stub. You need to be certain that the flash is set to its HS mode as they have said. So far you have not referred to this, so we don't know if you have even considered it .... You have said that you used the same process as for your Metz flash, but that has no relevance to the Shanny, and indeed I can only imagine would not be expected to work because they are different models from different makers.

Have you checked this and referred to the Flash instructions? Getting the HS mode engaged is critical. I would also advise using Camera Manual mode to control your shutter speed and get it into HSS territory. In theory getting these two critical aspects right should bring success. As it stands from what you have said there is no reason to suspect any fault with any of the equipment.
Yes i tried first use it with M mode (K-5) and HS (Shanny) setting.

Then I try HS with every mode (camera and flash), but Shanny is only works 1/180 shutter speed or less.

And I have read every steps on manual too.
08-13-2017, 05:02 AM   #55
Pentaxian

I'll experiment more when I get a chance, but ran into this briefly today.

K-3 in Manual mode and Shanny in P-TTL and HS mode seemed to allow for quicker shutter speed values.

Without seeing further, I think your unit is probably fine, and you'll just need to try some more combinations, to find the one that works for you.
08-14-2017, 12:58 AM   #56

Just tried the scenerio with my K5II and K7.. All works perfectly.. Previously tried K1 all is fine. So if it isnt operating for you. You must have a fault somewhere
11-01-2017, 07:55 AM - 1 Like   #57

QuoteOriginally posted by valonkuvaaja Quote

Where is the problem?
I've got the same problem with my pentax K-5 and a brand new Shanny SN600FGZ.
In HS sync mode it won't flash unless I set the shutter speed to 1/180 s or less.
This is valid for all modes o my Pentax ( M, Av, TAv).
Right now I am waiting for a solution from the seller.
01-26-2018, 04:07 PM   #58
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It works perfectly on my K-30.
P-TTL mode and Sync set to HS.
01-26-2018, 06:23 PM   #59
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by narqotic Quote
In HS sync mode it won't flash unless I set the shutter speed to 1/180 s or less.
Just curious, when the flash is mounted to your camera, does the flash show the little camera symbol on the lcd display? And/or does your GPS symbol show up in red on the camera?
01-27-2018, 05:55 PM   #60
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by narqotic Quote
As simple and elementary as it may seem, pull battery and re-mount flash.