Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
12-31-2016, 06:24 AM - 1 Like   #46
Veteran Member

I asked the same question in the "tiger tank" thread. Andy answered, but I could not understand his reply. Then he deleted his response. By his responses here, it looks like he is pleading the fifth.

12-31-2016, 06:52 AM   #47
Banned

Original Poster
clackers
ClassA(jake14mw or some else)
mcgregni

Who ever behind the ID.

I am so seriously suspicious you to be paid to speak unfair too. for you challenge me .

You should one by one go through the test. who is first? swear under the name of God. or anything he make as "God", who?

Swear you are not paid to challenge acon or me? Who? come out. Swear yours first, then you can challenge me.

----
I made so many video and make test, to prove fact. because I tired of words without stuff.

which you ( no matter IDs or person) would not face be turn to personal.

Base on personal but not test result or anything else to "debate", I don't like to do this.

Last edited by andy888; 12-31-2016 at 08:55 AM.
12-31-2016, 10:53 AM   #48
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by andy888 Quote
You should one by one go through the test. who is first?
How about you go first?

Of the eleven (11) threads you have started on this forum, eleven (100%) are about promoting Acon triggers. Your very first post on this forum was about Acon triggers. You hardly talk about anything else.

Providing information about a new product is great and appreciated by many forum members but you go beyond informing others about the features of your triggers. You denigrate other products in highly unfair ways. You often do not respond when your positions or alleged proofs are questioned. Now, all that could be your own opinion and your prerogative to answer the questions you feel like answering, if you are simply a private person with no affiliation to Acon. However, if you are affiliated to Acon you are abusing the forum for promotion and are intentionally misleading forum members.

You have been asked by at least three different people what your affiliation to Acon is and always dodged the question. Now you are asking even others to swear about their own identity. This is not about the identity of anyone else but whether or not you are affiliated with Acon.

I am so seriously suspicious you to be paid to speak unfair too.
What do you mean by "too"?
Who is the other person being "paid" to "speak unfair"? You?

I'm 100% certain that none of the people you attacked is doing anything but voicing their private opinion, of course without receiving payment. What kind of idea is is being paid to post on a forum anyway? What makes you think that this happens anywhere?

AFAIC, you are overstepping the boundary by implying that paulster is an imposter or sock puppet. AFAIC, you are overstepping the boundary by attacking paulster, clackers, jake14mw, mcgregni, and myself. You called some of them "strong user". Strong user? None of them have started eleven threads to promote a product and denigrate others!

AFAIC, you had already overstepped the boundary when you alleged that I'm Chinese. I do not take offence regarding "Chinese" -- I've had the pleasure of meeting a number of great Chinese people -- but I feel affronted by the implication that I am pretending to have a different nationality and that I am hiding an affiliation with Cactus. I am not an imposter and I don't have any affiliation with Cactus, other than having become a beta testing regular for them.

Just stop your allegations, OK?
IMHO, you are not doing yourself (and your triggers) any favours by lashing out like that.
12-31-2016, 10:57 AM - 1 Like   #49
Veteran Member

I won't swear for you Andy, but I can honestly declare that I am not paid by anyone for anything photography related (it would be cool if I was!) . I have no interest here other than to help us try to understand better the 'usage cases' for the different triggers we have available as choices, and ultimately I hope to form a better understanding of things so that I can improve the summaries and advice on trigger systems that I write about in my 'Pentax Flash Guide'. So I am always looking with interest at your posts.

But recently you have been losing credibility because the comparisons' you are making seem to have a deliberate anti-Cactus agenda. I said It earlier, but I'll say it again, in my view the 'user case' for each product is very different. From a practical operating and working technical approach point of view they don't even compete, I believe. Therefore your comparisons have little point to them, I feel. Regardless of your own interest here, I feel you would be better making the effort to more clearly demonstrate reliable and consistent operation for multi-flash uses, both P-TTL and Manual, rather than trying to find minor technical differences with the Cactus system.

Last edited by mcgregni; 12-31-2016 at 11:03 AM.
12-31-2016, 12:47 PM   #50
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
clackers
ClassA(jake14mw or some else)
mcgregni

Who ever behind the ID.

I am so seriously suspicious you to be paid to speak unfair too. for you challenge me .

You should one by one go through the test. who is first? swear under the name of God. or anything he make as "God", who?

Swear you are not paid to challenge acon or me? Who? come out. Swear yours first, then you can challenge me.

Yep, I swear.

Now it is your turn ... what is your connection to Acon?
12-31-2016, 02:56 PM - 1 Like   #51
Veteran Member

I saw Andy's silly question to me 5 minutes after he posted it. I chose not to respond.
12-31-2016, 03:52 PM   #52

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
This is a very important issue. You may in fact be acting unethically by promoting products on this forum.
Actually, it's a legal issue. This forum is hosted in the USA, and the Federal Trade Commission enacted legislation which means that product endorsers and reviewers have a legal obligation to reveal whether they are paid (monetarily or in goods and/or services) for the reviews/blog posts/etc. that they make.

The posts from Andy would seem to suggest a relationship closer with the manufacturer than a casual customer who is happy they've found a great product and is espousing its value.

My other question is whether the Acon can genuinely do something that the Cactus (and seemingly every other trigger out there) can't do, which is to control power manually from the trigger whilst avoiding the pre-flash when the flash is in TTL mode. If Acon have cracked this then I'll be pushing Cactus to up their game and follow suit, because that would be a benefit for their customer base generally.

I have no relationship with Cactus whatsoever, though, other than being a paying customer. I paid retail for my triggers, and chose them simply because it was a means of unlocking HSS on my 645Z and would play nicely with speedlights and strobes.

You'll notice that I shoot a 645Z and have mentioned this in other posts. Class A shoots a K-1 if I recall correctly, so we're shooting two different cameras on two different sides of the world. The only thing we have in common, I think, is that we're both likely to spell colour with a 'u' because I'm British and he's in New Zealand.

12-31-2016, 06:18 PM   #53
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Yep, I swear.

Now it is your turn ... what is your connection to Acon?
Fine,Clarker swear under the name of God.

I conveyed fact about "fake manual", "delay time", and many more through fact. you only want to know "connected"?

1/3 past. who is next!?

---------- Post added 12-31-16 at 06:28 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by paulster Quote
Actually, it's a legal issue. This forum is hosted in the USA, and the Federal Trade Commission enacted legislation which means that product endorsers and reviewers have a legal obligation to reveal whether they are paid (monetarily or in goods and/or services) for the reviews/blog posts/etc. that they make.

The posts from Andy would seem to suggest a relationship closer with the manufacturer than a casual customer who is happy they've found a great product and is espousing its value.

My other question is whether the Acon can genuinely do something that the Cactus (and seemingly every other trigger out there) can't do, which is to control power manually from the trigger whilst avoiding the pre-flash when the flash is in TTL mode. If Acon have cracked this then I'll be pushing Cactus to up their game and follow suit, because that would be a benefit for their customer base generally.

I have no relationship with Cactus whatsoever, though, other than being a paying customer. I paid retail for my triggers, and chose them simply because it was a means of unlocking HSS on my 645Z and would play nicely with speedlights and strobes.

You'll notice that I shoot a 645Z and have mentioned this in other posts. Class A shoots a K-1 if I recall correctly, so we're shooting two different cameras on two different sides of the world. The only thing we have in common, I think, is that we're both likely to spell colour with a 'u' because I'm British and he's in New Zealand.
This ID, come by owning a 645Z, then go to the topics...

Well, carefully examine the ClassA, (who come from Cactus's own forums and actively explain things, who state "not connected")(state New Zealand),
this ID(state USA)
word styles...I suspect you are the same man behind.

Last edited by andy888; 12-31-2016 at 07:00 PM.
12-31-2016, 06:31 PM   #54

It'd be far simpler if you just answered the question: what is your relationship with Acon?

You have zero credibility with me at the moment, and you're seemingly digging a hole here unnecessarily.
12-31-2016, 06:42 PM   #55
Banned

Original Poster
It'd be far simpler if you just answered the question: what is your relationship with Acon?

You have zero credibility with me at the moment, and you're seemingly digging a hole here unnecessarily.
" zero credibility ", so familiar as Class A" zero foundation" said.

You or ClassA,are more suspicious related to Cactus. Why not just swear too to help the answer.

Again , One ID response, Thanks!
12-31-2016, 06:46 PM   #56

I've told you. I own three Cactus products (2x V6 II and 1x V6). All of which I paid retail.

I swear I'm a customer and nothing else. Now what about you?
12-31-2016, 06:56 PM   #57
Banned

Original Poster
I've told you. I own three Cactus products (2x V6 II and 1x V6). All of which I paid retail.

I swear I'm a customer and nothing else. Now what about you?
By what name you swear? I suggest Cantonese style for you. for whom you care for example. will you?
12-31-2016, 07:08 PM   #58

This is getting ridiculous. On a US-hosted forum you have a legal obligation to disclose if you have any sort of relationship with Acon, and yet you continue to refuse to do so.

As far as I'm concerned you have zero credibility now, particularly as you won't answer my questions about the functionality of the Acon products.

You're a shill.

Happy New Year to everyone else in this thread.
12-31-2016, 07:09 PM   #59
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mcgregni Quote
I won't swear for you Andy, but I can honestly declare that I am not paid by anyone for anything photography related (it would be cool if I was!) . I have no interest here other than to help us try to understand better the 'usage cases' for the different triggers we have available as choices, and ultimately I hope to form a better understanding of things so that I can improve the summaries and advice on trigger systems that I write about in my 'Pentax Flash Guide'. So I am always looking with interest at your posts.

But recently you have been losing credibility because the comparisons' you are making seem to have a deliberate anti-Cactus agenda. I said It earlier, but I'll say it again, in my view the 'user case' for each product is very different. From a practical operating and working technical approach point of view they don't even compete, I believe. Therefore your comparisons have little point to them, I feel. Regardless of your own interest here, I feel you would be better making the effort to more clearly demonstrate reliable and consistent operation for multi-flash uses, both P-TTL and Manual, rather than trying to find minor technical differences with the Cactus system.
Not swear and, Honestly. ..

I am open for critics, and I gladly added the UI video for your request. Because I stated "fair".

---------- Post added 12-31-16 at 07:14 PM ----------

This is getting ridiculous. On a US-hosted forum you have a legal obligation to disclose if you have any sort of relationship with Acon, and yet you continue to refuse to do so.

As far as I'm concerned you have zero credibility now, particularly as you won't answer my questions about the functionality of the Acon products.

You're a shill.

Happy New Year to everyone else in this thread.
Shill is better than you.^_^

Happy new year to other viewer.

Because you swear, It should be understood that base on your religion, for example for Cantonese, under the name of the one you love.

I don't refuse but you should go past test because you challenge me.

[BTW, it is Class A asked the same "functionality" exactly like this ID and same "ask cactus", So you both seems the same people, who accuse other as shill...

---------- Post added 12-31-16 at 07:32 PM ----------

So right here, the man behind ID paulster (whom I belive is ClassA ID owner), Swear, Base on his religion, (if he is of Cantonese, under the name of the one he love). said that words with swear...

Last edited by andy888; 12-31-2016 at 09:06 PM.
12-31-2016, 07:37 PM   #60
Pentaxian

Well, carefully examine the ClassA, (who come from Cactus's own forums and actively explain things, who state "not connected")
I don't "come from Cactus's own forums". Cactus maintain a community forum to which I contribute. I already explained earlier that through beta testing I get to know a product pretty well and I am glad when I can pass on some of my knowledge or experience to others.

I'd be a rubbish employee if my task were to work on the Cactus community forum because I only contribute now and then. When the V6 was introduced, I posted a lot more because I was in a position to help but recently most new posts on the community forum are about Fuji and other brands which I don't have any experience with.

word styles...I suspect you are the same man behind.
Do you realise that are insulting not only paulster and me but also implicate Cactus as a company?

Paulster posts to the Cactus community forum as well. I know because we happened to post to the same thread about the Priolite MBX500. That means, you are not only claiming that paulster and I are the same person, you are also stating that Cactus as a company is condoning sock puppetry on their community forum! Again, you are completely out of line with this nonsense.

Pentaxforums moderators could probably easily confirm that paulster and I connect from different parts of the world and are not the same person. But this really is not about anyone but you.

...you only want to know "connected"?
Yes, several people (including me) would like to know. You may not think it is an important question but to us it is important.

Several people responded to your request to swear, and you are still denying them an answer. An explicit, written answer, that is.
Closed Thread