Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-31-2016, 07:42 PM   #61
Banned

Original Poster
[ClassA]
I'm mainly looking for confirmation that Andy888 indeed uses the R930 in a remote power control situation and still avoids the pre-flash. If he is not, then he is not doing a fair comparison. If he is, I'll get back to Cactus and tell them, "Look, there is a way. You should try harder."

[paulster]
My other question is whether the Acon can genuinely do something that the Cactus (and seemingly every other trigger out there) can't do, which is to control power manually from the trigger whilst avoiding the pre-flash when the flash is in TTL mode. If Acon have cracked this then I'll be pushing Cactus to up their game and follow suit,

I note the words style again. and I said it last, use ONE ID to ask question,

Last edited by andy888; 12-31-2016 at 11:53 PM.
12-31-2016, 07:52 PM   #62

It's because we share similar aims. He's in New Zealand and I'm in Los Angeles.

But we both want the products to perform as well as they can, and we're both prepared to tell Cactus to up their game if necessary.

So answer my two questions, or your credibility is shot here because it's obvious that your are employed or given free product by Acon.

US law says you have to disclose your relationship with a manufacturer, and this is a US-hosted forum.
12-31-2016, 08:10 PM   #63
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by andy888 Quote
I note the words style again.
So paulster and I
  1. both dislike pre-flashes,
  2. have asked you the same question,
  3. and would urge Cactus to implement a solution, if it exits.
That makes us the same person?

Note that several people
  1. have an interest about your potential affiliation with Acon,
  2. have asked you the same question,
  3. and would probably inform pentaxforums moderators, if you are indeed using the forum for promotion.
That makes them all the same person?

FYI, AFAIC it is a disadvantage of the V6II compared to the V6 that it makes flashes issue a pre-flash. The concrete downsides as I see them are:
  1. there is a delay which makes it harder to capture action instantaneously.
  2. some people close their eyes in response to a pre-flash, causing their eyes to be closed on the main flash.
  3. pre-flashes reduce battery life.
  4. pre-flashes probably contribute to the flash tube heating up.
I understand that when using HSS, there is no way around issue 1. However, the V6II does not allow me to resort to V6 behaviour (no pre-flash) when I'm not using shutter speeds beyond the sync-speed. I don't like that and I have reported this to Cactus. I have received the response that the behaviour is as designed and that there are technical reasons which prevent many flash models to be run without involving a pre-flash while remotely controlling their power through a digital protocol .

I have accepted that answer but if you now told me -- which you never did although it would be the easiest thing in the world -- that your trigger can remotely control the power of flashes without causing a pre-flash then obviously I'd forward that information to Cactus so that they try harder. Because I'd like a better V6II, if possible.

Last edited by Class A; 12-31-2016 at 08:21 PM.
12-31-2016, 08:34 PM   #64
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Yep, I swear.

Now it is your turn ... what is your connection to Acon?
Now it is your turn ... what is your connection to Acon?

I am asked but not paid to convey test against the mis info by many IDs.

I am provided any info or data from acon.

I did it for curiosity and justice.

12-31-2016, 09:23 PM   #65
Pentaxian

I am asked but not paid to convey test against the mis info by many IDs.
The only person I know of spreading misinformation on this forum is you. Provide one concrete example of anyone else stating something incorrectly in this context. People here are just curious and ask questions concerning the capabilities of the triggers. Yet, they are denied the most basic information and instead get dished up some nonsenses about the V6II plus preposterous and insulting conspiracy theories about posters on this forum.

I am provided any info or data from acon.
So why are the people here, with their questions about Acon triggers, not getting answers?

Why don't you just tell us what the deal is with pre-flashes and remotely controlling power with Acon triggers? Where is the problem in answering that question?

I did it for curiosity and justice.

You are not answering the most basic questions about your "fair" comparisons.

If your intent were to clarify misunderstandings you'd be answering all questions pertaining to the circumstances of your "tests". Yet, you choose to remain silent most of the time.

In one of your very first comparison tables, the criteria were totally biased towards Acon. How is that combating "misinformation"?

You present latency measurements but then refuse to answer any question pertaining to the real world relevance of your measurements. What did we learn from this? That three trigger all fully illuminate the frame at all shutter speeds and that there is one hypothetical one (that you initially referred to as the "PocketWizard Plus III" but then retracted that) which does not? That's it? But you nevertheless assign different star ratings based on apparently irrelevant measurements?

Why don't you tell us what you are doing off-camera with the V6II receiver and flash before you put it on the table again?

Why don't you tell us how on earth you could honestly believe that what you have presented as video evidence about the lack of Cactus reliability could be representative of how the V6II really performs? Everyone who has used a V6II knows that what you are showing is a joke. And you call that a service to "justice"?!?

Please confirm that you are not benefiting from increased sales of Acon products.

Please also confirm that all the measurements you presented are your own, i.e, that you are not presenting measurements performed by Acon without disclosing the latter.

You wrote
"I used Plus III as rough demo, actrualy no measuement for it provided for me. so I refined it to other, "
(emphasis is mine).

That makes me wonder whether the other measurements have been provided to you. Such measurements require an oscilloscope, a relatively expensive piece of equipment that regular photography enthusiast don't just happen to have sitting on their desks. I asked you before what else you are doing with your oscilloscope, but as usual, you ignored an apparently inconvenient question.
12-31-2016, 11:56 PM - 1 Like   #66
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
You're a logical man, right, Andy?

Which is more likely - that I, Paulster, Class A and McGregni are all the same Cactus employee who's logged in many times over the years and done thousands of posts (a pretty elaborate mole, right out of John Le Carre), or that in fact no one here is convinced by your antics?

These other people I admire because unlike you, with products they give credit where credit is due.

I think you're running a troll campaign, so ... why?

What is your connection to Acon?

All respect from me will be gone if you don't take this last chance to answer.

Last edited by clackers; 01-01-2017 at 12:06 AM.
01-01-2017, 12:28 AM   #67
Banned

Original Poster
You're a logical man, right, Andy?

Which is more likely - that I, Paulster, Class A and McGregni are all the same Cactus employee who's logged in many times over the years and done thousands of posts (a pretty elaborate mole, right out of John Le Carre), or that in fact no one here is convinced by your antics?

These other people I admire because unlike you, with products they give credit where credit is due.

I think you're running a troll campaign, so ... why?

What is your connection to Acon?

All respect from me will be gone if you don't take this last chance to answer.
I have no mean to know who is employee who is not. I just expressed my opinion about that. like compare the words style of the 2 IDs.

You should know there are many one man many roles play if you examine with careful eyes.

You are so keen to learn personal and I gave a frank answer. no because I expect the "respect" as you to "Class A". but I don't think it is polite to ask the personal question again and again.

And because you have swear you are not Paid under the name of your God. Or anything you are to swear under

So I gave the direct answer. which I feel quite offensive.

Last edited by andy888; 01-01-2017 at 02:18 AM.
01-01-2017, 12:34 AM   #68

And again you avoid the question: what is your relationship with Acon?
01-01-2017, 12:41 AM   #69
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

And because you have swear you are not Paid under the name of your God. .
I did back there. Non secular, because I'm not religious, but binding all the same under my country's laws.

You on the other hand have broken your end of the deal. Tsk, tsk, naughty Andy.

Do you think I should email Acon, and tell the bosses there is someone doing a negative advertising campaign, show them your Internet posts, and ask if they can tell who you are?
01-01-2017, 01:47 AM - 2 Likes   #70
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Andy888...

I am not even a flash trigger user. I have no stake in either company nor any experience with them. And as anyone can tell I am not clackers or anyone else posting in this thread before now.

Here are the facts:

1) you have stated a few nearly incomprehensible things about Acon and Cactus.

2) your videos are beyond confusing and provide no context.

3) the claims you make don't line up with any other reviews done anywhere.

4) you fail to respond logically and cherry pick your responses. You do not provide relevant details.

5) you question the integrity and identity of others based on your perceptions of speech while your own English appears so rudimentary that - no disrespect - it is highly unlikely that you fully comprehend what is being said to you.

6) You engage in ad hominem attacks as soon as you are asked anything of substance.
01-01-2017, 01:51 AM   #71
Banned

Original Poster
I did back there. Non secular, because I'm not religious, but binding all the same under my country's laws.

You on the other hand have broken your end of the deal. Tsk, tsk, naughty Andy.

Do you think I should email Acon, and tell the bosses there is someone doing a negative advertising campaign, show them your Internet posts, and ask if they can tell who you are?
I don't care acon , what that matter ? I am not paid! I care fact and justice.

I felt I have some interest to pull out conspiracy like "one man many role", "self ask self answer" as I discover in a "forum" I don't want to mention here.

---------- Post added 01-01-17 at 01:57 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Andy888...

I am not even a flash trigger user. I have no stake in either company nor any experience with them. And as anyone can tell I am not clackers or anyone else posting in this thread before now.

Here are the facts:

1) you have stated a few nearly incomprehensible things about Acon and Cactus.

2) your videos are beyond confusing and provide no context.

3) the claims you make don't line up with any other reviews done anywhere.

4) you fail to respond logically and cherry pick your responses. You do not provide relevant details.

5) you question the integrity and identity of others based on your perceptions of speech while your own English appears so rudimentary that - no disrespect - it is highly unlikely that you fully comprehend what is being said to you.

6) You engage in ad hominem attacks as soon as you are asked anything of substance.
Thank you. I understand the test is personal test and relatively, rough.

Last edited by andy888; 01-01-2017 at 02:32 AM.
01-01-2017, 02:19 AM - 1 Like   #72
Pentaxian

if not my test, the "fake manual" of V6II, and the delay time. impossible. and many other things. seems would be late to come up.
What does that mean?

Can you simply answer with "yes" or "no"?
Have you performed the trigger delay tests yourself?

OR

Are the results from Acon and you are presenting them here?

You don't make positive attitude. but only come the personal.
That is not true.

I make a point about discussing technical matters, leaving personal stuff out. You seem to be confusing your own tactics with that of others. I never called you a "pusher or liar" but you called me these things for no reason other than me objecting to your misrepresentations that are just misleading people. You even accused me for always preferring manual flash control and took that as a sign of me being anti-Acon. Unbelievable, really.

I asked you once about your affiliation with Acon, you chose not to answer and that was it for me. Others have rekindled this discussion.

As for the accusation that I have an affiliation with Cactus I responded to that numerous times already. Again, I received criticism from my fellow beta testers for my LV5 review as they felt my assessment of the LV5 was too harsh. I asked Cactus whether they felt the same and they responded that they want every beta tester to freely speak their mind. I was impressed that they did not even hint at a preference for a milder version of my review and I went ahead with publishing my unfiltered honest assessment (which contained praise but also quite a bit of fair criticism). Cactus could have dropped me as a beta tester after that, given that I found some clear words for the LV5 (which is still a very fun product to use, BTW). But they did not. Apparently, they value my feedback during beta testing and/or accepted that I don't write adverts but share my honest opinion.

Anyhow, that's it for me. I've already spent too much time on this thread unproductively.
01-01-2017, 02:34 AM   #73
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I think everyone's opinions have been eloquently and adequately stated. I can't see the discussion having any positive contribution beyond what's already been said.

Thread is now closed.
Closed Thread