Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2017, 02:24 PM   #1

flash point 360 streak light - The Cactus for K1 ?

hey guys

I was buying a flashpoint streak light 360 from adorama. It came with a transmitter and receiver. I was like sweet! I can attach this on my k1 and shoot manual flash.

Some reason it didnt work and I contacted Adorama. They told me I need the Cactus in order to send out a signal to the transmitter to the receiver.

I just want to know if anyone is having this issue?

01-12-2017, 03:09 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Which version did you buy ? I use the full manual non TTL one ( Not Nikon or Canon) with my K1 all the time, it works perfectly.
You only need to use the Cactus V6II if you want to be able to use HSS, but otherwise, the provided trigger works fine.
01-12-2017, 04:13 PM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by thesia26 Quote
Some reason it didnt work and I contacted Adorama.
Are you making sure your shutter speed does not exceed 1/200s? Use "M" or "X" mode at least for testing.

Most triggers should work on a K-1 as long as you do not exceed the sync-speed.

As mikerigel wrote, if you want to use higher shutter speeds you'll have to use a V6II (or an Acon trigger may work as well), but depending on the Flashpoint trigger, you may need two V6II units as a transmitter/receiver pair, as stacking the Flashpoint trigger on a single V6II may not work.
01-12-2017, 10:14 PM   #4
Veteran Member

^ What he said. The flashpoint trigger should work as long as your SS is 1/200 or slower. Once you get it working, I would love to know how many contuous flashes you can get at 1/4 power using Continuous Hi shooting. I just got one and am not getting what others claimed for recycle speed.