Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I never knew this version existed:
Store - acon-tech

Allows Nikon CLS use on Pentax. Wow!
Yeah, I'm not game to change the firmware on mine, Brad - all the documentation and support for this product is poor even by small Chinese manufacturer standards.

But in theory, all the Nikon strobe and flash platforms will work seamlessly on your Pentax.

12-07-2018, 08:50 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
But in theory, all the Nikon strobe and flash platforms will work seamlessly on your Pentax.
I'm pretty sure that the emphasis should be on "theory", i.e., that there isn't full compatibility with the Nikon CLS system in practice.

There must be a reason why the X-TTL firmware for Pentax on the V6II only supports Pentax flashes. I know that Cactus tried to achieve cross-brand compatibility for Pentax P-TTL with other TTL systems like the Nikon CLS system, but they ended up releasing a version that supports Pentax-compatible flashes only.

I'd bet that there are limitations for the Acon system. For instance, manual power control and HSS are possible with the V6II for Nikon flashes as well. I wouldn't expect P-TTL to work and unless there is a way to re-instantiate the original firmware, I wouldn't experiment with the alternative firmware.

EDIT:
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Allows Nikon CLS use on Pentax. Wow!
Actually, the description states
"Thus make all functions except for TTL of the Nikon triggers available."
So, as expected, the Nikon CLS system is not supported.