Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2017, 09:39 PM   #1

Metz 58 AF-2 EV compensation

After updating firmware for this flash and being pretty happy that was usable on K-1, still little underexposed, but consistent, I have not played with other settings.
Today I was playing with different flashes to see how they are working on K-30 I bought for my wife, and realized that adjusting flash EV not changing exposure of pictures.I tried that also with K-3. Camera adjustment for flash is working, on flash unit not. I just do not know if this happened after firmware update, or it was always that way. This flash was working perfectly with K-3, so I have never adjusted EV on it. Today after using it on K-1, K-3 pictures were also a little underexposed. I'm just wandering if no EV compensation is firmware problem or there is something wrong with my flash?

Thank You

02-01-2017, 01:03 AM   #2
Forum Member

I'm using Metz 52 AF-1 and M400 on K-3II. I found that they respond differently on EV compensation (in P-TTL mode) - below some threshold (-1..-2 EV - don't remember exactly, I need to try it again to say for sure) the M400 don't apply the compensation at all.
The Metz 52 AF-1 on K-7 worked the same as on K-3II, but when I tried it on K10D it wasn't seriously usable - I got overexposed images mostly.
I think all these issues are firmware related. The only question is whether is planning Metz to deliver solution for particular camera models or not. I hope that issues I found with M400 will be fixed (for Canon version there is firmware version 1.3 available, while Pentax - the initial 1.0) because theM400 is the newest flash in their lineup and K-3II is still actual camera model. But I doubt they will solve any issues related to older cameras and discontinued flashes.