Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2017, 09:33 AM - 1 Like   #61
Veteran Member

Andy,

If the R930 is really as simple to use as you say it is, then Acon should have an English speaking person make a quality video to demonstrate and explain it.

Also, their website needs work too. Under the products page you see a R930 and a flash that is not available yet. Then, when you go to the Store tab, a R930II is listed? If it is in the store, why is there no spot for it on the products page? In the store, it says this - "It lets the Nikon triggers think mounted on a Nikon Camera, Thus make all functions except for TTL of the Nikon triggers available." How is this any different than the regular R930?

02-10-2017, 02:48 PM   #62
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jake14mw Quote
Andy,

If the R930 is really as simple to use as you say it is, then Acon should have an English speaking person make a quality video to demonstrate and explain it.
HSS on Cheap ? and Cactus V6 ? - Page 3 - PentaxForums.com

02-10-2017, 03:18 PM - 1 Like   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think you meant this one?

HSS on Cheap ? and Cactus V6 ? - Page 3 - PentaxForums.com
02-10-2017, 04:11 PM   #64
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lithedreamer Quote
I watched that for about 30 seconds. Does it become better quality and english speaking halfway?

02-10-2017, 04:16 PM   #65
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lithedreamer Quote
Yep, just awful.

As Howie points out, I'm happy to just mount 'em and use 'em - they're cheap and small. I'll leave all their light metering, Nikon TTL translation and multiple group stuff well alone.

I think the best documentation I've seen comes from Rawr on this forum, BTW.

Last edited by clackers; 02-10-2017 at 04:35 PM.
02-11-2017, 06:06 PM   #66
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by andy888 Quote
It seems, your post is trying to hide away the most interesting sections of the manual. and pick only the little usefull information.
Andy, that manual is an abomination. My comments are not trying to do anything or hide anything. The manual (such as it is) speaks for itself: It lack professionalism, is written poorly, fails to provide clear and concise instructions and is full of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors. Acon-photo would do well to employ someone who has, perhaps, a rudimentary grasp of the English language to write their manuals.

Never a manual be easy to follow for a product never exist before.
I beg your pardon, but I have no idea what you're trying to say.

they are not easily understood for even a trigger player.
Again - I'm sorry, but I have not the foggiest idea what you're trying to say here.

reading it several times and having units in hand. that is the way.
No-one should have to read things several times etc. Acon should take note that their manuals are poorly written.
02-11-2017, 06:08 PM   #67
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Yep, just awful.

As Howie points out, I'm happy to just mount 'em and use 'em - they're cheap and small. I'll leave all their light metering, Nikon TTL translation and multiple group stuff well alone.

I think the best documentation I've seen comes from Rawr on this forum, BTW.
Clackers, if I bought some, I may have to pop over to Melbourne and you can show me how these things work! I love Melbourne - Nice city, great food!

02-11-2017, 06:09 PM   #68
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jake14mw Quote
I watched that for about 30 seconds. Does it become better quality and english speaking halfway?
I fell asleep at 2 minutes. None the wiser!
02-12-2017, 12:08 AM   #69
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Clackers, if I bought some, I may have to pop over to Melbourne and you can show me how these things work! I love Melbourne - Nice city, great food!
Sure, Mark - sounds like fun! Bring your roadie over, too.

02-12-2017, 02:45 AM   #70
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Sure, Mark - sounds like fun! Bring your roadie over, too.
Sounds like a plan!
03-27-2017, 05:05 AM   #71
Pentaxian

Interesting news about Cactus adding P-TTL to the V6II as a free firmware upgrade.
03-27-2017, 08:37 AM   #72

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Yeah, saw it on FujiRumours. If it really works as intended big deal. Especially for Pentax/fuji/m34
03-27-2017, 12:08 PM   #73
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Wow! Must have a read!
04-12-2017, 06:24 AM   #74
Veteran Member

Cactus V6ii owners,...

I want to do some HSS shots, which my K-01 is meant to be capable of.

I have generic flashes that on my film cameras (P30n & P30) will fire at 1/1000th, they also fire at those speeds via the generic radio trigger that I have, from those same Film cameras.

There's a shop I stopped in to today, that stocks the Cactus gear, at what I thought was pretty damn good prices - a V6ii trigger and two RF60 flashes cost less locally then a single Pentax flash for HSS.

The guy behind the counter got a V6ii out, and I set it to be Pentax camera, but above 1/180th, nothing.

Is there a way of getting the K-01 to use the Cactus trigger for HSS?

The screen of the camera showed the flash symbol with the trigger in the hot shoe, but I couldn't find anywhere in the camera's menus that has any HSS options - I'm assuming the page in the K-01 manual with the instructions for turning on HSS, are referring to the controls on the Pentax flash.

Any help would be appreciated, as my remaining options for the shoot we're planning, is either buy film, or use the models own 5D3, with her Canon flash, and optical triggers for my flashes.
04-12-2017, 07:55 AM   #75
Veteran Member

There's no camera settings for HSS, that's right. The camera should be in Manual exposure mode, but the Cactus system needs to be on and set in order to allow the shutter speed to be set beyond 1/180th.

I'm confused about your flashes ,..... 'generic' flashes (assuming you mean basic manual models) do not offer HSS, so I don't understand how you shot flash at 1/1000th with a film camera ?

Anyway, just to check .....exactly what flash are you using with the Cactus triggers? And do you have both a transmitter unit on the hotshot AND receiver unit on the flash? What profiles are set on the Cactus units?

If you use the RF60 then no Rx unit is needed as it is built in ....assuming you need the flashes anyway then getting RF60s is probably the simplest route.