Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2017, 09:25 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
OCF with 2 speedlights and trigger

Hi everyone. I am very new to ocf. I currently have a Photozuela-Montana C600 speedlight and the Phottix Ares wireless trigger. I was thinking of getting the Shanny SN600FGZ. Would I need to add another trigger? Thanks!

02-19-2017, 10:03 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
OCF? Not sure what that is. It
02-19-2017, 10:05 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jjbacoomba Quote
Hi everyone. I am very new to ocf. I currently have a Photozuela-Montana C600 speedlight and the Phottix Ares wireless trigger. I was thinking of getting the Shanny SN600FGZ. Would I need to add another trigger? Thanks!
If the new flash has a dumb optical slave, then you should be fine without another trigger.
02-20-2017, 07:52 AM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
OCF? Not sure what that is. It
I'm going to guess here and say that, at least in this instance, OCF = Off Camera Flash

02-20-2017, 08:39 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks enoeske
02-20-2017, 08:51 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jjbacoomba Quote
My answer would be - it depends. As someone else has pointed out optical triggering is an option. This will vary in distance and effectiveness based on the lighting and directionality of the flashes and their relative positions. Based on your trigger I would think you could add another receiver and not have to worry about this if you wanted to have both flashes be off camera and placed without respect to line of sight etc.
02-21-2017, 09:38 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
My answer would be - it depends. As someone else has pointed out optical triggering is an option. This will vary in distance and effectiveness based on the lighting and directionality of the flashes and their relative positions. Based on your trigger I would think you could add another receiver and not have to worry about this if you wanted to have both flashes be off camera and placed without respect to line of sight etc.
Thanks Uncle Vanya