Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2017, 03:48 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Flash Sync Question

I have been thinking about buying the Pentax AF-540 FGZ P-TTL or the AF360FGZ II Flash for my K-1. If I wanted to put the flash unit on a stand about 10-15 feet away from the camera, can I sync it so the K-1 will make it fire? Do I need to buy some type of transmitter or will the settings in camera and on the flash make it sync remotely/wirelessly? Any tips in setting this up?

03-06-2017, 04:51 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As I recall the k1 does not have an internal flash, therefore you need either a flash extension cable or a flash to mount on the K1 as the master for wireless flash. You can also use any one of a large number of remote triggers
03-06-2017, 08:46 AM   #3
Veteran Member

You will need a transmitter and receiver to fire the flash off camera, or an on camera commander flash to fire the off camera flash. I would recommend two Cactus V6ii transceivers. This will allow you to do HSS with the off camera flash. You can purchase the transceivers from either B&H or Adorama. They are approximately $95 each.
03-06-2017, 10:10 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fwbigd Quote
You will need a transmitter and receiver to fire the flash off camera, or an on camera commander flash to fire the off camera flash. I would recommend two Cactus V6ii transceivers. This will allow you to do HSS with the off camera flash. You can purchase the transceivers from either B&H or Adorama. They are approximately $95 each.
The Cactus triggers are a little spendy but a great option. If you want to save some money, you lose remote control zoom and HSS by going with the original Cactus V6 triggers.

03-06-2017, 01:38 PM   #5
Veteran Member

If you are only ever going to use the one flash I'd suggest an Acon R930.

You retain Pttl capability and have four less AA batteries to manage.

You also continue to have HSS. For HSS, the Cactus V6 must be v II version.

Cactus is all manual exposure so it depends on what you want.