Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2017, 04:55 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately the metz 48 af-1 only supports slave mode for p-ttl , it cannot control other flashes. What I do for avoid wasting too much battery is to put -3EV compensation on the flash.

04-24-2017, 11:57 PM   #17
Veteran Member

That's a good approach considering that limitation, and probably doesn't spill any significant light into the scene.
06-15-2017, 05:43 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If I wanted to get the AD200 which of the transmitter versions do I use. X1T-N or X1T-C.
I will mount it on my Cactus V6II which is universal but does it which you choose?
06-16-2017, 04:43 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I don't think it matters too much. I am using the X1T-C for mine. I think the general consensus has been that with Nikon you might get the wake function to work with them whereas that will not work for the Canon version.

07-03-2017, 02:35 PM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jake14mw Quote
I don't think it matters too much. I am using the X1T-C for mine. I think the general consensus has been that with Nikon you might get the wake function to work with them whereas that will not work for the Canon version.
This is a very interesting info. So, is HSS working for you, with the V6 II + X1T-C & AD200's wireless mode ?
To get HSS, I have to put a FT16R or XT16R receiver on my AD200, and disable the wireless mode.
Also, I have read on other forums that the X1T canon version have several bugs with the XTR16 receivers, when want to disable a device with such receivers.

Regards.
07-18-2017, 12:00 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Hi all,

I will rent one for a wedding im shooting mid august. Is there a Pentax version or is it only generic ?
I intend to use it with my Godox XT16 transmitter, for off camera flash (on my K1).

Any tips appreciated, thanks !
07-18-2017, 10:47 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DimC Quote
Hi all,

I will rent one for a wedding im shooting mid august. Is there a Pentax version or is it only generic ?
I intend to use it with my Godox XT16 transmitter, for off camera flash (on my K1).

You mean the AD200? Yes its generic. Pentax does not have its version.
I have not done my research in full, but I think the XT16 should work with it. The AD200 has a built in receiver.
What you will need though is maybe a Cactus V6II between the camera and the XT16.

Between. I checked your site. Really nice work. I noticed you shot a lot of africans. So I checked you out.
I see you lived in Ivory Coast. I am from Ghana myself.

It will be nice to see your wedding shoots when they are done.

Culture.

07-19-2017, 03:46 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Culture Quote
You mean the AD200? Yes its generic. Pentax does not have its version.
I have not done my research in full, but I think the XT16 should work with it. The AD200 has a built in receiver.
What you will need though is maybe a Cactus V6II between the camera and the XT16.

Between. I checked your site. Really nice work. I noticed you shot a lot of africans. So I checked you out.
I see you lived in Ivory Coast. I am from Ghana myself.

It will be nice to see your wedding shoots when they are done.

Culture.
Hey thanks for your advice Culture, why do you think i should get an Cactus V6 II ? for HSS ?
I now live in Paris, France. Used to live in Abidjan for years, I love Ivory Coast man and I miss my people a lot.
Where are you based ? I was the only one photographer shooting Pentax while I lived in Abidjan, and I was very often the only one able to shoot in difficult weather (super hot and humid outside, air conditionning inside), Pentax K20D by that time !

Wonderful weddings shots on your gallery ! congrats!
07-19-2017, 10:42 AM   #24
Pentaxian

Hi all,

Hello, I can confirm that you can control and fire the AD200 by:

* using the 433Mhz FT16 and putting a FTR16 receiver on the AD200's USB port, and disabling the wireless mode
* using the XT16 or XT32-C and enabling the wireless mode. Also you could put a XTR16 receiver on the USB port and disable the wireless mode

Just put your FT16/XT16/XT32 on top your camera's hotshoe, a receiver (if needed) on the USB port, adjust the channel and group, and you are done.

Only if you want HSS, that is, to fire above 1/180, then yes, you need a V6II.

I used mine on First Communions this year and I'm quite happy with it.

Salutations.
07-19-2017, 01:40 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by morenjavi Quote

* using the 433Mhz FT16 and putting a FTR16 receiver on the AD200's USB port, and disabling the wireless mode
* using the XT16 or XT32-C and enabling the wireless mode. Also you could put a XTR16 receiver on the USB port and disable the wireless mode

Just put your FT16/XT16/XT32 on top your camera's hotshoe, a receiver (if needed) on the USB port, adjust the channel and group, and you are done.

Salutations.
Thanks a lot for this information, Ill report back to you.
07-19-2017, 10:07 PM - 1 Like   #26
Veteran Member

Hey thanks for your advice Culture, why do you think i should get an Cactus V6 II ? for HSS ?
I now live in Paris, France. Used to live in Abidjan for years, I love Ivory Coast man and I miss my people a lot.
Where are you based ? I was the only one photographer shooting Pentax while I lived in Abidjan, and I was very often the only one able to shoot in difficult weather (super hot and humid outside, air conditionning inside), Pentax K20D by that time !

Wonderful weddings shots on your gallery ! congrats!
I see the question has been answered. Yes I meant HSS. I suspected that as a wedding photographer you might at times need to use HSS.

I am now based in Finland. If I had the opportunity to have quarter of my gear with me when I visit home. I would have a fun time.

Culture.
07-25-2017, 01:19 PM   #27

Salutations.
I have the cactus 6vII, x1tc and AD200 with a 645Z. It will not work in HSS or over 1/125. SO from what I am reading if I use the cactus and the XT16 system I will be able to shoot above 1/125. has anyone verifyied this?

I am currently using a Profoto B1 with the Cactus on the 645 with good resoults in HSS. just would like a lighter light. Thanks in advance
07-25-2017, 02:14 PM   #28
Veteran Member

I'll be able to tell you by the end of the week.
I'm using a K1 as a difference.
07-25-2017, 04:09 PM - 1 Like   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kmaphotog Quote
I have the cactus 6vII, x1tc and AD200 with a 645Z. It will not work in HSS or over 1/125. SO from what I am reading if I use the cactus and the XT16 system I will be able to shoot above 1/125. has anyone verifyied this?

I am currently using a Profoto B1 with the Cactus on the 645 with good resoults in HSS. just would like a lighter light. Thanks in advance
Hello, I can tell you what worked for me. I tested wit with K5 & K3II. You have a 645 and it seems your Cactus v6II is able to get the HSS signal.
To get HSS with the AD200 & V6II you can check the next combinations:

* put a general trigger on top of your cactus v6ii, and the corresponding receiver connected to the AD200's sync port. Disable wireless mode and enable HSS on the AD200. HSS should work.
* put a FT16 on top of your cactus, then put a FTR16 on the AD200's usb port, disable wireless mode and enable HSS.
* put a XT16/XT32 on top of your cactus, and (important), a XTr16 receiver on the usb port, disable wireless mode and enable HSS. It should work with your X1Tc too, but I coulnd't test it

The problem is that HSS doesn't work if you use the wireless mode and the AD200's internal receiver. I know, it doesn't make sense but...

I hope this info be useful.

Regards.

Forget to add: on the cactus v6II, I configure the flash as manual, and HSS as 'powersync'.

Last edited by morenjavi; 07-25-2017 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Info forgotten
07-25-2017, 07:48 PM   #30
Pentaxian

To get HSS with the AD200 & V6II you can check the next combinations:

* put a general trigger on top of your cactus v6ii, and the corresponding receiver connected to the AD200's sync port. Disable wireless mode and enable HSS on the AD200. HSS should work.
* put a FT16 on top of your cactus, then put a FTR16 on the AD200's usb port, disable wireless mode and enable HSS.
* put a XT16/XT32 on top of your cactus, and (important), a XTr16 receiver on the usb port, disable wireless mode and enable HSS. It should work with your X1Tc too, but I coulnd't test it
Yet another option that should work is to not add any trigger to the on-camera V6II, but connect another V6II or a V6 to the AD200 via a sync cable. On the AD200, disable wireless mode and manually engage HSS.

That might be a good solution for anyone who happens to have more than one V6II unit or has additional V6 units available. It is not a very cost-effective solution for anyone not having these units anyhow.