Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-26-2017, 10:36 AM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Andrzej Makuch Quote
Electrical problems? I do not know ? Rather electronic.
No, "electrical". But feel free to draw your own conclusions.

Also, it is difficult to help you troubleshoot things when you don't reply to questions.
I asked you twice now whether you tried another unit as the transmitter unit (in the other thread).

Do your V6II always show version 1.1.006? Even after the last update?
I haven't tried updating to V1.1.009 yet.

If the version number does not change after an update than you are forgetting to press the "Check for latest firmware" button before pressing "Update". The latter button just transfers the currently selected firmware to the V6II unit. In order to get the latest firmware version, you have to press the other button first and then select the one you want from the list.

As I said before, I don't think a change of firmware will address your specific problems. You should try to change the unit and/or perform the trouble-shootings steps I suggested. Good luck.

04-27-2017, 02:30 AM   #17
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
[/COLOR]I asked you twice now whether you tried another unit as the transmitter unit (in the other thread).
Yes, of course.
It looks as though the cactus, after some time (despite the power saving off) turned off anyway and stopped feeding the HSS signal to the camera. In manual mode the camera still gives 1 / 8000s but no synchronization anymore. It does not happen with the lights attached to the foot or by the dedicated cable, and only by the cactus.
And so is both with P-TTL HSS and with power sync.
I was thinking to leave one cactus for power sync with simple Phottix-but when he started to lose sync, I packed it and back to the store.

Last edited by Andrzej Makuch; 04-27-2017 at 02:39 AM.
04-27-2017, 04:02 AM   #18
Pentaxian

It looks as though the cactus, after some time (despite the power saving off) turned off anyway and stopped feeding the HSS signal to the camera. I
As I wrote in the other thread, you may have discovered a bug in the "SLEEP" functionality. Did it take quite a while (say 15min) for the V6II to stop working?

I pointed Cactus to your posts, perhaps they'll be able to find a bug and fix it.
05-12-2017, 07:49 PM   #19

Original Poster
Using the XT32N trigger

QuoteOriginally posted by markl62 Quote
I've just purchased a Cactus V6ii, Godox TT600 flash and XT32 trigger. I'm still wating for the trigger to arrive, but tested HSS with Cactus V5 in top if the V6ii with a V5 on the flash. All seemed to work fine.

Something I haven't thought about though, is the flash power effected by what output settings of the Cactus V6ii if it is merely being using for the HSS pass through option ???
The XT-32N trigger has finally arrived. HSS all seems to work fine with Cactus V6ii of camera and the XT32 in top of that to allow remote power control. Pity Godox don't have remote zoom control like the YN560's. I have the Flash Type set to manual on the Cactus, tried Nikon setting, but doesn't fire every time.

Question - has anyone got the XT32N working on the hotshoe by itself to control a Godox flash in normal mode (not HSS) I thought with pins being compatible to a Pentax hotshoe it would trigger the flash, but doesn't seem to work.

Last edited by markl62; 05-15-2017 at 06:11 PM.