Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2017, 11:29 AM   #1

help flash mode button is jammed

I have a af450fhz flash and recently tried tonuse it and it wouldn't turn on. Thought maybe used bad batteries so I tried at least 4 other sets of new batteries. No dice. I don't remember dropping it. I started pushing buttons and noticed if I told in the mode button and the sb shows up hot the button again and the screen flashes and goes blank. Help how do I fix this? I have my neices wedding this weekend and i dont have the time or money to send it off for repair or to buy a new one. Help

04-26-2017, 08:01 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You may want to try popping the flash open to see if there is something compromising the movement of the button (a piece of dirt?). I know this is a bit scary BEFORE the shoot. Also, as these buttons are usually soft plastic or rubber, try taking a pin, poking the button and giving it a lift. Maybe some canned air can move some debris around and out of the way of the contacts.
I found a flash on an AS IS table years ago ($5) that had a stuck open flash button. I opened it up, adjusted it and had a great little flash from then on.

Good luck!