Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
05-04-2017, 12:31 PM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
..... An oddity is that 2s delay on a shot will work, 12s won't trigger. Don't know why.
Hi Clackers. whats your camera custom setting for the meter time-out? I think there's a 10 second option .... just wondering if that time is exceeded that maybe the trigger loses contact with the camera .... ? Try with the 30 sec option, maybe worth a shot ....? (Of course we might equally expect the metering circuits to remain activated during a timer countdown regardless ....)

05-04-2017, 05:10 PM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mcgregni Quote
Hi Clackers. whats your camera custom setting for the meter time-out? I think there's a 10 second option .... just wondering if that time is exceeded that maybe the trigger loses contact with the camera .... ? Try with the 30 sec option, maybe worth a shot ....? (Of course we might equally expect the metering circuits to remain activated during a timer countdown regardless ....)
You might be right, Nige, but I'm blind, apparently ... where's that setting in the manual?
05-05-2017, 12:38 AM   #18
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I think there's a 10 second option .... just wondering if that time is exceeded that maybe the trigger loses contact with the camera .... ? Try with the 30 sec option, maybe worth a shot ....?)
QuoteQuote:
The 2s and 12s shooting modes on the camera.
What do they serve? what are they doing? Why is it set? Coś przeoczyłem w instrukcji Pentax K-1? Is the Cactus V6II manual?

I saw in the "Delay" options 2 settings: ms and s, but I only used ms to flash the "powersync HSS" when auto-sync failed with slow shutter speeds with less power from full. But it was enough to give 2-5ms. Settings in seconds - it's probably only for long exposure times - a few seconds or even minutes ...? For tripod photos.

Last edited by Andrzej Makuch; 05-05-2017 at 12:48 AM.
05-05-2017, 12:51 AM   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Andrzej Makuch Quote
What do they serve?
Andrzey ... these are the most common drive modes on any camera for selfies and mirror-up shooting ... I'm surprised you're not familiar with them!

05-05-2017, 01:51 AM - 1 Like   #20
Veteran Member

Maybe some confusion between "selfie modes" and trigger delays ! Clackers, I'd like to see how fast you can move .... Try a selfie with a 50ms delay

On the K7 the item is in the Custom menu C1, No5 ..."Meter Operating Time". There are 3 , 10, and 30 second options . I'm sure the K1 will be similar.
05-05-2017, 02:21 AM   #21
Forum Member

Original Poster
Andrzey ... these are the most common drive modes on any camera for selfies and mirror-up shooting ... I'm surprised you're not familiar with them!
To "selfie"? No, I do not think there are such options needed ... Anyway, "selfie" I do not do and as a self-portrait - I have a pilot and a smartphone ... I make a lot of portraits - but then I want to have a photo without any delays ...

---------- Post added 05-05-17 at 09:31 ----------

On the K7 the item is in the Custom menu C1, No5 ..."Meter Operating Time". There are 3 , 10, and 30 second options . I'm sure the K1 will be similar.
And what has the measurement time to flash? :zmieszany:
05-05-2017, 04:52 AM   #22
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Nuh, thanks for the suggestion, but that setting's nothing to do with flash, Nigel. I tried 30s and no difference.

It's about metering data and how long the lock exposure button works for.

A Pentax flash or even the Godox itself on a Cactus in the hotshoe is fine.

It's the Cactuses not talking to each other.

Last edited by clackers; 05-05-2017 at 05:16 AM.
05-05-2017, 04:59 AM   #23
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

To "selfie"? No, I do not think there are such options needed ... Anyway, "selfie" I do not do and as a self-portrait - I have a pilot and a smartphone ... I make a lot of portraits - but then I want to have a photo without any delays
You must never take landscape photographs either, Andrzej.

The function is built into probably every camera - Pentax, Canon, Nikon or Sony - you've ever owned.

Canon describe it here for theirs, and why:

Using the Self-timer (EOS 6D)

Last edited by clackers; 05-05-2017 at 05:13 AM.
05-06-2017, 12:36 PM   #24
Forum Member

Original Poster

Canon describe it here for theirs, and why:

Using the Self-timer (EOS 6D)
Hahaha, Self-timer - good for you! I have not used it for many years ... since every camera I have bought has a mirror lift and drain hose. And now they still have nice WIFI ...
05-06-2017, 05:11 PM - 1 Like   #25
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Hahaha, Self-timer - good for you! I have not used it for many years ... since every camera I have bought has a mirror lift and drain hose. And now they still have nice WIFI ...
You keep talking about something you don't actually understand, Andrzey, and to be honest I don't know why you keep going, but there seems to be a lot of this on the Internet.

You cannot shoot ImageSync WiFi with any delay - 2s or 12s!
05-07-2017, 01:00 PM   #26
Forum Member

Original Poster
You cannot shoot ImageSync WiFi with any delay - 2s or 12s!
It is obvious that in this context we are no longer talking about powersync.
05-07-2017, 04:24 PM   #27
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

It is obvious that in this context we are no longer talking about powersync.
Correct.