Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2017, 03:37 PM   #1

Neewer slider and K30

Hi all,

I just purchased a Neewer carbon fiber slider from Amazon, it was so good on paper for that price that I just HAD to try...
Now, I know that for a good, brand slider I'd have to pay like 4 or 5 times more, but, it's just a test to understand if time-lapses are my thing.

The slider and carriage themselves are OK as far as sturdiness and fluidity go, and the package is light and came with a decent carrying bag. What could definitely be better is the remote controller. I hooked it up with what I think is the C1 (Canon standard) cable that came with it (among C1, C2, N1, N2), which has the mini TRS jack on both ends, and it seems to trigger my K30 OK.

What seems to be poor is the intervalometer implementation, as it looks like sync between movement and shutter release is not maintained across the run, especially if I set longer exposures; the carriage and shutter release basically go freewheel...not a good thing.

I'm still testing to see If I manage to find a setting that will work reliably but, in the meantime before I decide whether to keep it or to send it back, I'd have a few questions:

- is there a better, third party remote controller/intervalometer/iOS app that I can use to trigger motor movement and shutter release reliably?

- should I suppose some issues with the shutter release cable type (it was stated on Amazon's page that the included cables would've been good only with Canikon cameras...)

- any other suggestions on camera settings from those in the know?

Thanx

L.