Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
07-22-2017, 01:19 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by cloudbusting Quote
Since this post I actually ended up buying a Bronica SQA
That is a good looking camera, similar to the RB67.
Here is the combo flash/grip I made for the RB67, and it shows the cable with integral hotshoe that has a 1/4-20 thread.
https://app.box.com/s/9pfqhb9tlfkxen01pg8nv9zd6fugy7ho
https://app.box.com/s/j8s76dmrtqgvkwekalmsx9hittdfa63q
The grip makes hand carrying the camera a lot easier.

07-24-2017, 08:20 AM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wombat2go Quote
That is a good looking camera, similar to the RB67.
Here is the combo flash/grip I made for the RB67, and it shows the cable with integral hotshoe that has a 1/4-20 thread.
https://app.box.com/s/9pfqhb9tlfkxen01pg8nv9zd6fugy7ho
https://app.box.com/s/j8s76dmrtqgvkwekalmsx9hittdfa63q
The grip makes hand carrying the camera a lot easier.
Wow, that's very impressive! I was just thinking - In college I created a mold of my friend's face using alginate (it's what dentists use to make a mold for creating fake teeth). If you were to create a mold from some material and smoothen it for finger ridges, you could use some sort of rubber/resin to wrap around that bar. It looks really cool as it is anyway but I love diy projects like this!
07-25-2017, 08:00 AM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Brooke Meyer Quote
like this one made with a 654N at 1/60 sec sync. and manual speed lights.
The trick, of course, lies in knowing how much light to bring and having it available - for the first, you really want a flash-reading light meter (so you can dial your flash bursts to match the aperture you want) and for the second... well, the sky's the limit, really; isn't it? Right up to whatever your wallet (or those of your clients) can bear and what you can supply power for wherever you may be.

With digital you can take trial shots and adjust by visualised results, so the meter is possibly not as essential; with film, you have to know before you wind on the frame.
07-25-2017, 11:34 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Brooke Meyer Quote
In 2017, it's very easy to use a digital camera as a "Polaroid" to determine exposure for a film camera.
This is true, and it would seem to be the last refuge of the pocket-sized point-and-shoots. But for someone who prided themselves on shooting emulsion-only, they would need the meter.

As to the lighting - well, yes; you can go as low or as high as you want or can afford. I think these days every pro (or serious amateur) photographer who's adept at handling manual flash is probably thanking God for Yongnuo and their ilk; they make having multiple, very powerful (in camera-mountable terms) flashes an affordable proposition.