Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-11-2017, 11:47 AM   #1

AF 540 FGZ acting weird when paired with Cactus V6II

Hello guys,
I havent used my flashes for some time, and when i did, something went wrong.
I have 2 Pentax AF 540 FGZ units, and Cactus V6 II transmitters. For some reason, only 1 of my flashes working properly, the other one, when paird with transmitter, is not firing at all, or firing too late. This flash mounted on the camera works good. On the transmitter it starts to cycle through modes (digital - 35mm - etc). I tried to mount it on different transmitter units, but no success.
The setting on all transmitters is manual: all in Pentax, and flash profiles is 540 FGZ. The setting on the flash itself does not matter, it always acts the same.
Did i messed up with settings somewhere, or i should try to repair that flash?

08-11-2017, 05:33 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If the tx, rx, and channel settings are appropriate, the flashes are set to manual mode, and the camera is in manual mode with no set shutter delay it most likely should operate. That would be the basic things to check, unless you already have. If the flash normally fires when mounted on the flash hot shoe with no problem, then it most likely does not need repair.
08-12-2017, 12:59 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Maybe the connections at the hotshoe need more tightening ....press the base plate firmly fully in with your thumb and tighten the locking lever further.

The flash on the Rx unit needs to be set to P-TTL mode.