Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-24-2017, 04:10 AM   #1

Kase filters??? Anyone used them?

I reliable source has put me onto the Kase filter system for the Pentax 15-30 system. There are quite a few systems out there that look quite good, I.e Haida, Benro and wanderpana, put they just aren't perfect. This kase system to me looks excellent. Allows for mounting without removing lens, CPL is threaded on simply, and they use resistant Schott glass. Anyone had any experience? The reviews out there are very scarce

09-24-2017, 04:19 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'd not even heard of them - there seems to be some quite heavy promotion going on but, as you say, precious little in the way of independent reviews - I'll keep my eyes open.
09-24-2017, 07:12 AM   #3
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mattox Quote
I reliable source has put me onto the Kase filter system for the Pentax 15-30 system. There are quite a few systems out there that look quite good, I.e Haida, Benro and wanderpana, put they just aren't perfect. This kase system to me looks excellent. Allows for mounting without removing lens, CPL is threaded on simply, and they use resistant Schott glass. Anyone had any experience? The reviews out there are very scarce
Pentaxian Giovanni Corona uses them. He recently published this article about his work on our home page. He mentions Kase filters about two-thirds down the page and also provides some sample images.
09-24-2017, 08:09 AM   #4

Original Poster
Giovanni is the one that referred them on to me
QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
Pentaxian Giovanni Corona uses them. He recently published this article about his work on our home page. He mentions Kase filters about two-thirds down the page and also provides some sample images.

09-24-2017, 10:52 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mattox Quote
Kase filters??? Anyone used them? I reliable source has put me onto the Kase filter system for the Pentax 15-30 system. There are quite a few systems out there that look quite good, I.e Haida, Benro and wanderpana, put they just aren't perfect. This kase system to me looks excellent. Allows for mounting without removing lens, CPL is threaded on simply, and they use resistant Schott glass. Anyone had any experience? The reviews out there are very scarce
Kase is one more chinese brand of square filter systems. I don't know the quality. What I know from experience: it is hard to find good filter glass together with good filter holders and reasonably priced. All filter systems are largely overpriced and the build quality is often very fragile (=cheap).
09-24-2017, 11:19 AM   #6

Original Poster
Yes it is made in china. But what isn't these days. The brand is run from the Netherlands if i understand correctly. The holder itself is very unique and seems very versatile, especially with the polarizers. Their filters are made from
Schott glass so I imagine the quality should be quite good
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Kase is one more chinese brand of square filter systems. I don't know the quality. What I know from experience: it is hard to find good filter glass together with good filter holders and reasonably priced. All filter systems are largely overpriced and the build quality is often very fragile (=cheap).
08-16-2018, 11:20 AM   #7

Photos: Gallery
I have been using them for about a year now and been more than happy. The biggest advantage the system has is it leaves very little if any colour cast to the image taken. Saving the photoshop work afterwards. The filters are a professional quality of unbreakable glass and arnt cheap. So initially for the full ND filters I purchased their 82mm round filters saving a considerable amount.