Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-24-2017, 04:10 AM   #1
Senior Member




Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 292
Kase filters??? Anyone used them?

I reliable source has put me onto the Kase filter system for the Pentax 15-30 system. There are quite a few systems out there that look quite good, I.e Haida, Benro and wanderpana, put they just aren't perfect. This kase system to me looks excellent. Allows for mounting without removing lens, CPL is threaded on simply, and they use resistant Schott glass. Anyone had any experience? The reviews out there are very scarce

09-24-2017, 04:19 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
ffking's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Llanelli, Wales
Posts: 5,123
I'd not even heard of them - there seems to be some quite heavy promotion going on but, as you say, precious little in the way of independent reviews - I'll keep my eyes open.
09-24-2017, 07:12 AM   #3
Ole
Administrator
Ole's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,196
QuoteOriginally posted by Mattox Quote
I reliable source has put me onto the Kase filter system for the Pentax 15-30 system. There are quite a few systems out there that look quite good, I.e Haida, Benro and wanderpana, put they just aren't perfect. This kase system to me looks excellent. Allows for mounting without removing lens, CPL is threaded on simply, and they use resistant Schott glass. Anyone had any experience? The reviews out there are very scarce
Pentaxian Giovanni Corona uses them. He recently published this article about his work on our home page. He mentions Kase filters about two-thirds down the page and also provides some sample images.
09-24-2017, 08:09 AM   #4
Senior Member




Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 292
Original Poster
Giovanni is the one that referred them on to me
QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
Pentaxian Giovanni Corona uses them. He recently published this article about his work on our home page. He mentions Kase filters about two-thirds down the page and also provides some sample images.


09-24-2017, 10:52 AM   #5
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2015
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,024
QuoteOriginally posted by Mattox Quote
Kase filters??? Anyone used them? I reliable source has put me onto the Kase filter system for the Pentax 15-30 system. There are quite a few systems out there that look quite good, I.e Haida, Benro and wanderpana, put they just aren't perfect. This kase system to me looks excellent. Allows for mounting without removing lens, CPL is threaded on simply, and they use resistant Schott glass. Anyone had any experience? The reviews out there are very scarce
Kase is one more chinese brand of square filter systems. I don't know the quality. What I know from experience: it is hard to find good filter glass together with good filter holders and reasonably priced. All filter systems are largely overpriced and the build quality is often very fragile (=cheap).
09-24-2017, 11:19 AM   #6
Senior Member




Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 292
Original Poster
Yes it is made in china. But what isn't these days. The brand is run from the Netherlands if i understand correctly. The holder itself is very unique and seems very versatile, especially with the polarizers. Their filters are made from
Schott glass so I imagine the quality should be quite good
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Kase is one more chinese brand of square filter systems. I don't know the quality. What I know from experience: it is hard to find good filter glass together with good filter holders and reasonably priced. All filter systems are largely overpriced and the build quality is often very fragile (=cheap).
08-16-2018, 11:20 AM   #7
Senior Member
stub's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Manchester
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 226
I have been using them for about a year now and been more than happy. The biggest advantage the system has is it leaves very little if any colour cast to the image taken. Saving the photoshop work afterwards. The filters are a professional quality of unbreakable glass and arnt cheap. So initially for the full ND filters I purchased their 82mm round filters saving a considerable amount.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
flash, lighting, photo studio, strobist, system
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Filters, Filters, and more Filters! alamo5000 Photographic Technique 7 12-18-2016 08:36 AM
Filters Filters Filters kmurphy220 Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 16 01-03-2016 07:35 AM
Viewfinder Magnifier - Who uses them and how do you like them? claimed4all Pentax K-r 16 10-25-2011 05:41 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:28 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top