Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-10-2017, 07:38 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Quick question about Cactus V6ii and Godox AD600BM

Hey everyone, I just ordered my Godox AD600BM today and was wondering about how i can fire it at HSS mode. From my understanding, i need a Cactus V6ii to access HSS or will it fire regardless?

Also (if yes), do i need 1 or 2 Cactus V6ii triggers for being able to use HSS?
Pentax Camera > Cactus V6ii > Godox Xpro-C > Godox AD600 or another cactus for the strobe?

11-10-2017, 07:46 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have the 360, if that helps.

I put one Cactus set to 'Pentax' on the camera, another set to 'Manual' on the flash (Nikon version) and it does HSS.

There may be many other combinations of hardware that work, this is just mine.

11-10-2017, 07:53 AM - 1 Like   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
I have the 360, if that helps.

I put one Cactus set to 'Pentax' on the camera, another set to 'Manual' on the flash (Nikon version) and it does HSS.

There may be many other combinations of hardware that work, this is just mine.
Thank you for the information Just trying to clarify things as i am going back to Cyprus soon and no one ships Cactus V6ii there
11-17-2017, 05:22 PM   #4

Hello,

Another configuration for you:

* Pentax camera + V6 II + [FT16 or XT16 or XT32] stacked on top of the V6 II. Forget the FT16 as your AD600BM have 2.4GHz receiver. Put your XproC instead of a XT16 or XT32. V6 II set to Pentax camera, manual flash and POWER SYNC mode.
* Your lovely AD600BM on the other side, HSS enabled.

It should work too, but It's possible that you need also a XTR16 receiver on your AD600BM's USB port, and to disable wireless mode. Look for threads about the AD200 & HSS, and this 'issue'. I think AD200 and AD600 should be really similar for this HSS configuration. Notice the Xpro-C still has not been tested this way (stacked) for HSS.

Can you comment on the Xpro-C ? I plan to buy one. You can be the first to test it on a Pentax camera, on this forum. Can you put this trigger on your camera's hot shoe without issues ?

Regards.

11-18-2017, 04:52 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by morenjavi Quote
Hello,

Another configuration for you:

* Pentax camera + V6 II + [FT16 or XT16 or XT32] stacked on top of the V6 II. Forget the FT16 as your AD600BM have 2.4GHz receiver. Put your XproC instead of a XT16 or XT32. V6 II set to Pentax camera, manual flash and POWER SYNC mode.
* Your lovely AD600BM on the other side, HSS enabled.

It should work too, but It's possible that you need also a XTR16 receiver on your AD600BM's USB port, and to disable wireless mode. Look for threads about the AD200 & HSS, and this 'issue'. I think AD200 and AD600 should be really similar for this HSS configuration. Notice the Xpro-C still has not been tested this way (stacked) for HSS.

Can you comment on the Xpro-C ? I plan to buy one. You can be the first to test it on a Pentax camera, on this forum. Can you put this trigger on your camera's hot shoe without issues ?

Regards.
Just ordered mine. X-pro C, Cactus V6ii and AD600bm. As soon as it arrives and i will make a video and a post about it. Warning: It might take some time since i ordered from Amazon.de to go Amazon.UK to come Cyprus to cross North Cypruss (don't ask why, cheaper this way)
11-18-2017, 10:05 AM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by G.E.Zekai Quote
Just ordered mine. X-pro C, Cactus V6ii and AD600bm. As soon as it arrives and i will make a video and a post about it. Warning: It might take some time since i ordered from Amazon.de to go Amazon.UK to come Cyprus to cross North Cypruss (don't ask why, cheaper this way)
Enjoy your new toys! As I commented, maybe you need an extra XTR16 receiver for HSS, as I needed for the AD200.
Great equipment, anyway.
Regards.
11-18-2017, 10:21 AM   #7

Original Poster
Enjoy your new toys! As I commented, maybe you need an extra XTR16 receiver for HSS, as I needed for the AD200.
Great equipment, anyway.
Regards.
i made a quick search on internet and people seem to archive Xpro-ad600 hss directly without a need of an extra receiver. Ofcourse there is no info about cactus v6ii coming into the play but it should be any different.
11-18-2017, 12:30 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by G.E.Zekai Quote
i made a quick search on internet and people seem to archive Xpro-ad600 hss directly without a need of an extra receiver. Ofcourse there is no info about cactus v6ii coming into the play but it should be any different.
Sorry if my post was a bit confusing. Just to clarify, to control & fire the AD600BM, you will only need your Xpro Trigger. The XT16, XT32 or X1T triggers should work too.
But, for HSS, if you stack your Xpro on top of your V6II, is possible that you need also a XTR16 receiver on your AD600's side, and to disable the wireless mode.
I only have similar equipment, so it's just a guess. You should have to check when you received the equipment.

Regards.

11-18-2017, 12:49 PM   #9

Original Poster
Sorry if my post was a bit confusing. Just to clarify, to control & fire the AD600BM, you will only need your Xpro Trigger. The XT16, XT32 or X1T triggers should work too.
But, for HSS, if you stack your Xpro on top of your V6II, is possible that you need also a XTR16 receiver on your AD600's side, and to disable the wireless mode.
I only have similar equipment, so it's just a guess. You should have to check when you received the equipment.

Regards.
Oh.. now it makes sense! Its only 15 quid so a not an unreasonable purchase.