Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-14-2017, 12:57 AM   #1

K-70 + Metz 52 AF-1 + Cactus V6 ll - which firmware?

Santa is being very kind to me this Christmas and is giving me two Cactus V6 ll wireless triggers.

I am not overly knowledgeable with all thing flash so I hope you good folks can perhaps advise me further. Which firmware should I use to update the Cacti ? - do I choose the Pentax option or the Cross brand option and secondly can I get wireless P-TTL using this setup (with the Metz connected to the remote trigger (not pass-through on the camera mounted trigger)?

Apologies for being so dumb on these matters...

12-14-2017, 01:23 AM   #2
Veteran Member

For Radio P-TTL you need the latest "x-TTL" firmware. This will appear as the latest choice in the Pentax area of the Cactus firmware updater software. This is called something like PEN 01 (can't remember exactly). .
12-14-2017, 08:25 AM   #3

Original Poster
Many thanks for the prompt and most helpful reply.

Both triggers now updated but am not allowed to try them until after the big day (they have now been removed from my possession and wrapped up).

Thanks again.
12-14-2017, 11:53 AM   #4
Veteran Member

That's good, glad it helped! I checked again and the latest V6II X-TTL firmware version is. "PENA001".

02-24-2019, 12:17 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tubbyrincewind Quote
Santa is being very kind to me this Christmas and is giving me two Cactus V6 ll wireless triggers.

I am not overly knowledgeable with all thing flash so I hope you good folks can perhaps advise me further. Which firmware should I use to update the Cacti ? - do I choose the Pentax option or the Cross brand option and secondly can I get wireless P-TTL using this setup (with the Metz connected to the remote trigger (not pass-through on the camera mounted trigger)?

Apologies for being so dumb on these matters...
Hi! As Xmas has passed I was wondering how you got on. I'm in the same boat as you (K-70) except for the fact that I have two flashes, the one you have + a 44 AF-2, and obviously looking to acquire 2 V6 II units. Thanks!
02-25-2019, 01:51 AM - 1 Like   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobSpain Quote
Hi! As Xmas has passed I was wondering how you got on. I'm in the same boat as you (K-70) except for the fact that I have two flashes, the one you have + a 44 AF-2, and obviously looking to acquire 2 V6 II units. Thanks!
I had no problems at all and absolutely love the V6 II, I think that PEN.A.005 is the latest firmware you would require.
02-25-2019, 11:49 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tubbyrincewind Quote
I had no problems at all and absolutely love the V6 II, I think that PEN.A.005 is the latest firmware you would require.
Lovely! Many thanks for your reply. They are on my shopping list!