Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2017, 05:54 AM - 1 Like   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bladerunner6 Quote
Thanks everyone for all the invaluable input.

I will be hopefully be able to do some prep before the wedding of scoping out the location and getting together with the couple.

I will also bring plenty of batteries, a backup body and 35/50/90mm primes for my K-70.

I have a Yongnuo YN585EX and a large and small Flash bender with the large diffusion ad-on.

Thanks again.
Sounds like you have the gear in line now just have fun!

12-26-2017, 12:36 PM   #32

QuoteOriginally posted by bladerunner6 Quote
I have some experience with flash but not P-TTL. I have used all manual flashes in a few different ways.

I was thinking of a Metz, Bolt or the Yongnuo YN585EX for a P-TTL flash. The Pentax are beyond my budget right now.

Thanks for the input.
I too have a Flashbender it is very handy as you never know if your ceiling would be too high for bounce and if you bounce do use your white bounce card if you aren't using a Flashbender . I may start some controversy, but i shoot only with manual flash, and if that is what you are used to, use it. I like controlling my exposure, it really doesn't change much unless you are bouncing in from outside to inside or facing a major window on one side but it never stopped people before. Either way you go, make sure you practice. I have been using yongnuo manual flashes for about 3 years and did plenty of headshots and portraits so it would be good for both I have the Yongnuo 660 flashes and the 440 tx controller and they have served me very well. Just make sure if you add another light source that you master the first one. Also consider the flashpoint or godox flashes. They also come with internal radio transceivers which is very convenient when you have an on camera flash that is also a controller. I am in the process of switching to the Flashpoint R2 system. I have bought a Streaklight or Xplor600 and it's great to be able to use all of these lights with one controller.