Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2008, 11:02 AM   #1
Forum Member

Sentosa GW-546 G (flash)

Hello all!

Anyway, I found this little flash unit - a "Sentosa GW-546 G" - my dad used to use some time ago, do you think I could safely mount it on my K20D? Couldn't find any information about this one online.

(can post pictures of it if necesarry)

If you don't know, where can I get a Voltmeter, and what's the maximum voltage a K20 can take?

Also, what about a Canon 430EX II, can I mount it? (of course I won't expect E-TTL to work)

Thanks in advance for the answers. =)

08-29-2008, 11:40 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Multimeter can be purchased at RadioShack, Sears, Walmart, and pretty much any store that carries tools.

K20D should be able to take voltage up to 25-30V but staying somewhere around 10V is safe.

I have used three thyristor flashes on my K10D and my istDL and they worked fine in manual mode. Of course I checked the voltage before using the flash on camera. Even if you find that somebody uses the same flash with their DSLR it is always good to check the voltage as they varied even between same flash models.
10-10-2008, 08:23 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
So, I read somewhere that I check the voltage by connecting the center contact with the others and measure a blast, is this correct?

But this flash only has the center 'contact', so.. what do I do?