Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-22-2018, 09:49 AM   #1
Veteran Member

What Is Your Favorite "Run & Gun" Modifier For Outdoor Use?

Hello,

I'm looking for a flash modifier that I can use outdoors. I have a few softboxes that I use when I'm stationary, but I'm looking for something that I can use outdoors and moving around a lot. I'm expecting to use this handheld (camera in one hand, modifier in the other). I'm looking for something big enough to cover half body shots, but small enough that I could carry around in a bag or backpack (that part isn't the most important, it's the portability when in use that matters most).

I would be using the modifier with either a speedlight or a Godox AD200.

As always, thank you for all of your help and suggestions!

01-22-2018, 11:33 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use a 32" Octabox. I would advise using a small light stand or assistant and not one hand holding. You may run into shutter speed and one hand shooting issues. If you are shooting for pay add enough to hire an assistant. I put the light and octabox on a monopod and let my assistant carry and hold the light. Another issue with holding the light yourself is that the light will still be frontal lighting. Having the light more elevated and off to the side can produce much more dramatic results. Just my two cents.