Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2019, 04:59 AM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
Later, I was trying out my K-1, and it was stuck in manual mode and would not respond to changes in the mode dial.
If you are saying that it is the mode dial of your K-1 that has stopped working then this might just be a coincidental occurrence of a problem that has been reported before. Some K-1 copies have faulty mode dials that stop working after a while.

It seems very odd that your K-3 developed a similar fault, but I have trouble imagining how the XPro-P could be responsible for that.

03-04-2019, 07:27 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I tested the K-3 mode dial and it was working as it should be. I then attached the flash trigger and let off a few shots, but the Godox V860 II failed to fire. I then dismounted the trigger and checked the mode dial and found that with a few exceptions (like B and X), it is now stuck in Av mode, which was the mode I was using when I tested the trigger. (the K-1 is stuck in mainly manual mode as that is the mode I used the trigger with in the studio). I do not think it is a coincidence, and I am convinced the trigger has somehow corrupted the cameras. I tried updating the firmware on the K-1 in case it was just that which was corrupted, but this failed to solve the problem.
03-04-2019, 07:39 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Have you tried removing the battery from the K-3 for a while?

I don't think it will help, as it really sounds like your mode dials have developed a hardware defect, but it would be worth a try.
03-04-2019, 07:41 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Yes, I have tried that, thank you. Also tried resetting the camera in the menu to no avail.

03-04-2019, 08:51 AM   #20
Pentaxian

On your K-1, you could try to press on the central button of the mode dial to see whether that makes the camera choose another mode (when the dial is not in the "M" position). If that works, it would confirm that it is a physical issue with the mode dial that wouldn't have been caused by mounting and/or using a radio trigger.
03-04-2019, 11:25 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Thank you Class A. I tried that, but no luck. It seems that something has got corrupted, and the similar experience with my K-3 leads me to believe the flash trigger is at fault. I know I will have a hard time to prove this, so I guess it's some expensive repairs on the horizon.
05-26-2019, 08:18 PM   #22

It's like to know how you succeed with this please. I'm looking at xpro-,P on my Pentax K-1 with QT600II. I'm looking at doing some shots of dogs shaking wet in a controlled light environment. The New Godox QT600II light has hss capability, and if I use the X-pro-p (Pentax version) controller with my Pentax K-1, I'll get the kit I need to do this.
Have you pushed up the shutter speed into hss? Have you got good results? Is the colour temperature fairly stable?*Is the trigger and light working well now? Did you upgrade the firmware on the light? I heard that can be important.

Thanks!*
Steve Barnes
(Australia)

QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
I used the Godox XPro P trigger on my K-1 for a studio shoot, and it worked fine with the Godox 600 strobe. However, the trigger did not work with my K-3 II. Later, I was trying out my K-1, and it was stuck in manual mode and would not respond to changes in the mode dial. I then tried the trigger on my K-3, after checking the mode dial was functioning correctly, and now it is suffering a similar fault to the K-1 inasmuch as it will not respond to changes in the mode dial, apart from a few settings like B and User 1 (PASM just brings up Av mode). Strangely, my K-3 II seems to still function properly even though I have tried the trigger on that. Has anyone had a similar problem (I have searched the internet with no result), and if so, is there any way to rectify the problem?

06-07-2019, 05:10 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What solutions do I have if I want to radio trigger an AD4000 PRO or AD600 PRO from a K-1? I don't need HSS or TTL, I just need to trigger the flash. I know ideally I would need the Xpro-P but it's not on stock and I need it until tomorrow. Any other trigger that I can use?
06-07-2019, 08:41 AM   #24
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Hattifnatt Quote
What solutions do I have if I want to radio trigger an AD4000 PRO or AD600 PRO from a K-1? I don't need HSS or TTL, I just need to trigger the flash. I know ideally I would need the Xpro-P but it's not on stock and I need it until tomorrow. Any other trigger that I can use?
Hello,
If you are in a hurry, and just need a cheap trigger, a XT16 should be enough. This trigger supports the Godox X protocol so it will fire your AD400/AD600 pro without issue. Also the XT16 is quite cheap. An XT32 version (for example, Canon version) should work too. I have one of these (XT32C), and I can trigger all my Godox devices (ad200, ad360, v850). But the XT32 is a bit more expensive. Even an old 433MHz FT16 with a couple of FT16R receivers should work. You can connect the FT16R receiver to the USB port, and you are done. Any Godox trigger will allow to control power remotely, too.

No Godox triggers also can fire your AD400/AD600, you just need to connect the receiver to the 3.5mm sync port of your flash. I tested this kind of combination with yongnuo triggers (rf602/rf605) and my AD200, and it worked. Of course, you lose remote power control in this case.

Regards.
06-07-2019, 01:09 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by morenjavi Quote
Hello,
If you are in a hurry, and just need a cheap trigger, a XT16 should be enough. This trigger supports the Godox X protocol so it will fire your AD400/AD600 pro without issue. Also the XT16 is quite cheap. An XT32 version (for example, Canon version) should work too. I have one of these (XT32C), and I can trigger all my Godox devices (ad200, ad360, v850). But the XT32 is a bit more expensive. Even an old 433MHz FT16 with a couple of FT16R receivers should work. You can connect the FT16R receiver to the USB port, and you are done. Any Godox trigger will allow to control power remotely, too.

No Godox triggers also can fire your AD400/AD600, you just need to connect the receiver to the 3.5mm sync port of your flash. I tested this kind of combination with yongnuo triggers (rf602/rf605) and my AD200, and it worked. Of course, you lose remote power control in this case.

Regards.
Thank you for the detailed answer, but read your reply too late and already bought the Xpro-C trigger (the Canon version). I did a quick test at the store and I can trigger the AD400 Pro, control the modeling light and adjust the power of the flash in manual mode. I had limited time so I didn't test for HSS and TTL. I am planning to order the Xpro-P and just sell the Canon version when the trigger for Pentax arrives.
07-04-2019, 05:59 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you are shooting outside use the sun to backlight your model and your strobe from the front.

You'll also find having the XPro-P handy so you can shoot in ttl mode and can focus on posing and not worrying about exposure.