Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-30-2018, 06:20 AM   #31
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mcgregni Quote
I have re-tested this, and can add some more detail now ..... specifically I found this problem to only occur with the RF60x unit, when working as slave with V6II as Tx.
Did your tests include a Pentax flash on a V6II receiver?

Someone at the community forum has an issue that may or may not be related. Could be just a flash incompatibility in their case but I haven't come across any uneven power levels ever except for your and their experience, so there might be a connection.

04-30-2018, 07:20 AM   #32
Veteran Member

No, my problem here was not with a Pentax flash on top of the V6II .....it was about the RF60x as slave, controlled by V6II in M mode (X-TTL firmwares) with a manual aperture lens and tubes (no aperture control by the camera). The problem disappeared with a D FA lens. As I said before it did not occur with the older RF60 flash, also running X-TTL firmware.

We would not expect TTL flash metering or HSS with such an old manual aperture lens, but logically we would expect Manual mode flash power control, as this should not depend on aperture control from the camera or aperture info shared between the devices. Apparently according to my tests this assumption is wrong with the RF60x and X-TTL firmwares.

I have not had time yet to log in and write a report for Cactus, but I will try and do it within 2 or 3 days.

Last edited by mcgregni; 04-30-2018 at 07:25 AM.
04-30-2018, 06:59 PM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mcgregni Quote
No, my problem here was not with a Pentax flash on top of the V6II .....it was about the RF60x as slave, controlled by V6II in M mode (X-TTL firmwares) with a manual aperture lens and tubes (no aperture control by the camera).
Yes, I was aware of that.

I just wanted to know if you tried to replicate the problem using the X-TTL firmware, a manual lens, "M" mode, and a Pentax flash on a V6II receiver. It may help the other person I mentioned and/or Cactus to understand whether the problem is confined to the RF60X or not.
04-30-2018, 10:39 PM - 1 Like   #34
Veteran Member

Sure, as soon as I get the chance I’ll try this also ....