Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2018, 05:33 PM   #1

Hunting for information on Totco Flash Tronic

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I scored this at Goodwill last weekend. After cleaning it up it looks pretty cool. But I can find no information on this company. This unit is identified as being for a Leica and I found several Ebay listings for similar units for Contax cameras. I would venture a guess that this is pre-WW2. There are references to these being able to fire a flashbulb without batteries but there are terminals on the front for what I assume was a battery. The concept is pretty cool though. There is a knob you turn to preload a spring. The shaft coming out the bottom then fires the shutter when you press the ribbed button on the unit while it also fires the flash. While I can never hope to afford a pre-war Leica I have toyed with the idea of getting a Russian Fed knockoff to mount to this as a display piece. But for now I can find no info online for this company. Hopefully one of our camera experts has run across something in the past.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
04-23-2018, 06:06 PM   #2
maw
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Altheim Quote
Hunting for information on Totco Flash Tronic
Hello Altheim

I was attracted by that strange flash that is quite old, I found on ebay two links, you might ask the dealer if he is aware of more news about the
flash, there are also lamps in the link that could belong to the flash, I hope it will help you. The best of luck!

Flash

flash lamps