Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-17-2018, 11:34 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
I'm buying a couple Godox AD200 strobes....which trigger do you recommend?

Hello folks,

After many hourse looking for speedlights, strobes and all, I've decided to buy two Godox AD200 strobes, for the convenient size and weight, and battery operation.

Which trigger do you recommend for working with them? X1T, XT16 or XT32? I want to being abble to remote controlling the power output of the strobes, from the trigger.

Having hss (via Catus V6ii) is always welcome, but not a must have.

Thanks!

05-17-2018, 01:45 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

I was able to get high speed sync with two Cactus V6ii and an X1T. Works well. Occasional misfires, but was able to get the job done when needed. The AD200's are pretty great.
05-17-2018, 03:26 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reivax Quote
I was able to get high speed sync with two Cactus V6ii and an X1T. Works well. Occasional misfires, but was able to get the job done when needed. The AD200's are pretty great.
Thanks, very helpful! Which X1T should I buy, the Nikon or Canon version?

Thanks again
05-18-2018, 08:52 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gianclaudio Quote
Thanks, very helpful! Which X1T should I buy, the Nikon or Canon version?

Thanks again
I purchased the Nikon version and never had any out of the ordinary issues, but I've heard of some people buying the Canon version as well.
Do you already own the V6ii's?

05-18-2018, 01:52 PM   #5

Original Poster
I purchased the Nikon version and never had any out of the ordinary issues, but I've heard of some people buying the Canon version as well.
Do you already own the V6ii's?
No, I don't. I plan to start with a couple Ad200 and a Godox trigger, then adding a Cactus V6ii if needed.

I wish Cactus would come with their RQ250 strobes faster, to take a decision....
05-22-2018, 05:31 AM - 2 Likes   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just thought I'd say I am using my AD200 with the XproC. This is a lot better than the xt32 and original xt16. I've never used the X1t so can't comment on that.

If you do decide you require a Cactus V6 II for hss please note that you only require one V6 II. There is some misinformation out there implying you need two V6 II's. Don't waste your money buying a 2nd V6 II. If you go down this path personal message me if you require instructions on setup.

---------- Post added 05-22-2018 at 05:36 AM ----------

I was able to get high speed sync with two Cactus V6ii and an X1T. Works well.
Hi. I would just like to say that at least with the XProC and an AD200, you can get hss using only one Cactus V6 II. I've done it.
05-22-2018, 01:27 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by howieb101 Quote
I just thought I'd say I am using my AD200 with the XproC. This is a lot better than the xt32 and original xt16. I've never used the X1t so can't comment on that.

If you do decide you require a Cactus V6 II for hss please note that you only require one V6 II. There is some misinformation out there implying you need two V6 II's. Don't waste your money buying a 2nd V6 II. If you go down this path personal message me if you require instructions on setup.
Thanks! Very, very helpful. As I'm starting from scratch, I'll follow your route. Sending you a pm for instructions.

Thanks again!

05-23-2018, 08:06 AM - 1 Like   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gianclaudio Quote
Thanks! Very, very helpful. As I'm starting from scratch, I'll follow your route. Sending you a pm for instructions.

Thanks again!
Xpro trigger is definitely much better than the X1-T. Just make sure the Xpro is something you need. It could be a little bit of overkill if you're just starting out and all of the options/features can be overwhelming. The X1-T is much simpler and easier to use. I own both and use the Xpro when I need it and the X1-T when I'm not doing anything serious.
05-26-2018, 05:54 PM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian

Hello, my vote for the XproC too. With a single v6ii you'll get HSS easy.
XT32 is also a good option, but at present I think the XproC is one of the best triggers for the AD200.
I had a paid work yesterday morning: 3 godox ligths + pttl flash on camera; I needed to change not only power levels but enable/disable lights several times during 3 hours. The XproC served me well. The 'ALL' feature is really usefull. I've had all godox triggers but the X1-T, so I can't compare. Good luck.
05-27-2018, 07:38 AM   #10

Original Poster
Thanks guys, you're amazing!
By the way, there has been a rebate these past days on the AD200, they're 20 bucks cheaper, at 280 us dollars. Perfect time to get them
06-23-2018, 07:57 AM - 1 Like   #11
Veteran Member

I use the Flashpoint version of the Godox AD200 light (eVOLV 200) . Flashpoint eVOLV 200 R2 TTL Pocket Flash AD200 You get a free R2 remote with the light. Pretty good value. Great lights. I'm a long time Paul C. Buff fan and I live in Nashville not far from their office so service has always been quick and easy. That said.... The Godox AD200/Flashpoint eVOLV 200/Cheetah CL-200X (All the same light) are really great little lights for the money. I might be switching to the 600Pro series of lights or at least adding 3-4 of them. A friend has them and I was really impressed.

Godox has really improved over the last 5 years. I'm surprised to see that they don't support Pentax still. I thought they had support planned. They support Fuji and Olympus.
06-23-2018, 09:19 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
I'm surprised to see that they don't support Pentax still. I thought they had support planned.
It looks like Godox AD200 for Pentax support was indeed planned for June 2017, but never came to pass for some reason.

Godox AD200 for Pentax by June? - PentaxForums.com

Pity that they are delaying Pentax support.
06-23-2018, 09:49 AM - 1 Like   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
It looks like Godox AD200 for Pentax support was indeed planned for June 2017, but never came to pass for some reason.

Godox AD200 for Pentax by June? - PentaxForums.com

Pity that they are delaying Pentax support.
Yes. The AD200s are great little lights for the money. I never gave them much consideration until a friend of mine brought them out for a shoot. I ordered 3 of them that night. I hate traveling with my Einstein's and dealing with the cords and battery packs. These don't have the power, but for 90% of what I do outside the studio, they work fine. The 600PRO model might be what I go with to replace my Einstein's in the future.
09-03-2018, 12:45 AM - 1 Like   #14

Hi, I’m just starting out with strobes too and am looking at the Godox AD200 setup for my K1. I would love the guidance on triggers and setup plz. I already have a set of the older cactus V6 but am interested in getting HSS on the new setup when purchased. I’ll pm you to plz for the info if you don’t mind ??
09-03-2018, 05:48 AM - 1 Like   #15

Original Poster
Hello Craig, I bought a Godox Xpro-C (for Canon) for using with the Cactus V6ii , but now Godox has released a Xpro-P trigger for Pentax, so as soon as reviews confirm the hss capability with Pentax cameras, I'm buying it.