Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-17-2018, 01:05 PM   #1

Wassen wireless flash

Hi,
This is a long-shot but it is possible that some sympathetic soul may be able to help me.I have a cheap "Wansen" 4 channel wireless transmitter for flash which I haven't used much but need to employ now. Unfortunately the transmitter's battery 23A 12V (I assume the 23A is a poorly thought out code number since I can't see this little battery (about the diameter of a AA cell but about half as long) supplying over 270 Watts) had gone flat so I took the transmitter apart to replace it. Sadly in doing so I broke the connection of first one of the black leads and then the red one. Difficult to believe that the connections broke so easily. The kit isn't expensive so I've just ordered a replacement set via Amazon for about £8. But, of course it is coming from China and so won't arrive for three weeks or so and I'd really like to use it before that.

****WARNING**** THE WIRES INSIDE ARE VERY THIN AND THEY BREAK VERY EASILY NEAR THEIR SOLDER CONNECTION!

I think I know where the red lead should be connected but I've no clue, and can see no indication despite looking at the item under a magnifying glass, as the where the black lead connects. If anybody is familiar with these transmitters or is prepared to be enormously generous and helpful and would VERY CAREFULLY undo one they have and VERY CAREFULLY take a photo or otherwise tell me to where the wires connect I would be most grateful. PLEASE OH PLEASE do not damage your own unit in trying to assist me.

I intend to replace these tiny single strand wires with something a little more meaty.

Thanks - even if you have considered helping and decided otherwise.

Barry

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
ONEPLUS A3003  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
ONEPLUS A3003  Photo 
05-21-2018, 10:04 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

The free black one may not connect to anything. Looks like this could be the antenna.

The red cable probably connected to the contact below the contact the black cable goes to (in the last picture).
05-22-2018, 08:42 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply Class A, Yes the location for the red wire you suggest matched my guess too, in fact I think I can just see the remains of the broken wire left in the solder. I also agree about the other black wire being the aerial but I´ve researched this model wireless trigger and there are guides suggesting that the wire should be connected at both ends but folk were removing it completely and replacing it by a coil of wire soldered at one just end, The end of the wire has obviously also had the insulation trimmed which wouldn´t be necessary, and wold probably be a hindrance, maybe causing shorts if it is an aerial. I´m away for a while and I´ll test things out when I get back.
Thanks again,
Barry
05-22-2018, 05:01 PM   #4

Here is a similar trigger

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Moto G (5) Plus  Photo 
05-27-2018, 12:12 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lake Quote
Here is a similar trigger
Thank very much Lake. I´ll wire it up as you suggest and see how it goes but I need to purchase a 12V battery before I will know..

Interestingly in my search with a multi-meter to try to suss out which wire goes where I discovered that my model has a hot shoe connector with two connections, to connect with the outside of the hotshoe - you can see them in my photo - but they are not electrically connected.

I´m sure you are right anyway and thank you very much for undoing your flash trigger to help me.

Barry
05-29-2018, 06:23 AM   #6

Original Poster
Thank you very much to all that helped me, particularly Lake who risked dismantling his trigger to show me the connections. I've wired it up as Lake prescribed with only one connection to the aerial and it works fine.
Barry