Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-05-2018, 02:38 AM   #1
Forum Member

Godox CT-16 - Won’t work!

Hey everyone. <br />
<br />
I had a set of Godox CT-16’s rock up today from eBay, and I can’t seem to find help on this anywhere. <br />
<br />
The transmitter triggers the receivers fine (red lights on top) but the flash won’t fire. No matter what mode it’s in, in test flash from the receiver alone or from the camera!<br />
<br />
I’ve tried it on my Shanny SN600FGZ and an older Vivitar flash. <br />
<br />
Anyone had similar issues?? I’m at a loss and close to sending them back. <br />
<br />
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by lewvanbommel; 06-05-2018 at 03:09 AM.
06-05-2018, 06:48 AM   #2
Pentaxian

When using the transmitter on the camera, ensure that the shutter speed doesn't exceed the sync-speed. Put the camera in to "M" mode and select a shutter speed of 1/125s or slower, just to be sure.

However, the test button on the transmitter should make the flash on the receiver fire. If that doesn't work, it looks like there is a hardware defect.
06-05-2018, 08:27 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
When using the transmitter on the camera, ensure that the shutter speed doesn't exceed the sync-speed. Put the camera in to "M" mode and select a shutter speed of 1/125s or slower, just to be sure.

However, the test button on the transmitter should make the flash on the receiver fire. If that doesn't work, it looks like there is a hardware defect.
Thanks for that. Yeah I tried multiple shutter speeds, every flash setting available on the camera and on the speedlights themselves, but the flash still doesn’t fire even from the test button on the transmitter despite the receiver lift indicating it is picking up the test.

Will chat to the seller and see if I can get replacement units or a refund and try others. I thought that was the case but wondered if I might have been missing something first.