Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2018, 04:14 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I'm sorry - I don't know. I have the V6ii and RF60x combination.
I just checked Cactus website, they claim V6 should be able to control power output of Pentax flashes, so I'm thinking to get a pair of those triggers now.

07-30-2018, 04:51 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
I just checked Cactus website, they claim V6 should be able to control power output of Pentax flashes, so I'm thinking to get a pair of those triggers now.
Check with @ClassA. He should know.
07-30-2018, 05:11 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The v6 units work. As stated you need one on camera, plus one on each flash you want to remotely control. The units also allow you to put a flash on the unit on the camera so you can still use both flashes if only one will be remote. Note the cactus flash as indicated carries a transceiver inside so it can be a receiver or transmitter which is handy if you use one flash on camera.
07-31-2018, 04:20 AM - 1 Like   #34
Pentaxian

...so I'm thinking to get a pair of those triggers now.
Just confirming that what others (e.g., UncleVanya) said is correct. The V6 will work with your flash models, but you'd need three units in total if you want to remotely control two off-camera flashes.

07-31-2018, 09:04 AM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Just confirming that what others (e.g., UncleVanya) said is correct. The V6 will work with your flash models, but you'd need three units in total if you want to remotely control two off-camera flashes.
Good news for me V6 are pretty affordable used!
07-31-2018, 07:10 PM   #36
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Good news for me V6 are pretty affordable used!
Sounds great. Let us know how you get on.
08-16-2018, 11:34 PM   #37
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I wonder if the producers of cameras and system flash lamps will come up with the idea of building in them radio communication ... In the end, the cameras already have WiFi ...

08-17-2018, 03:18 AM   #38
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Andrzej Makuch Quote
I wonder if the producers of cameras and system flash lamps will come up with the idea of building in them radio communication ... In the end, the cameras already have WiFi ...
Not desirable from a pro point of view, Andrzej ... they don't know what equipment is available to them on location, it could be a very complex setup with many different brands, best just to have a generic hotshoe.

From the point of view of an average joe with one flash though it would be extremely useful!

08-18-2018, 11:45 AM   #39
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Let them do only for their lamps and / or the receiver - then I will gladly pay more for FGZ 540 - and so I have no reason to overpay and use Metz.
08-18-2018, 02:27 PM   #40
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Andrzej Makuch Quote
Let them do only for their lamps and / or the receiver - then I will gladly pay more for FGZ 540 - and so I have no reason to overpay and use Metz.
Yeah, like I said, this is very useful to you who's only buying a speedlight.

Not so to someone into 'real' strobes and studio gear, because they're made by third party manufacturers, not the camera makers.

I do think it's a great idea though.

The Canon RT series that have inbuilt WiFi still need a controller to put on top of the camera.

Last edited by clackers; 08-18-2018 at 02:41 PM.